Fly Me To The Moon

50 years ago today NASA launched a 45,702kg rocket that took some humans to the moon. Reasonably impressive.

Still hard to believe they really did it. Or did they? (yes of course, don’t be stupid)

Feel free to share your most humorous moon puns, things you’ve seen on the telly about the moon, your most easily-refuted conspiracy theories etc.

The moon. It’s miles away!

2 Likes
3 Likes

If you’d have met Neil Armstrong, how long do you reckon it’d be before you said the word ‘moon’?

• Less than a minute
  • 1-5 minutes
  • Longer

0 voters

2 Likes

Mooniacs

2 Likes

Have this beast in my parents’ house. Need to hammer into it over the next few weeks.

SX428_BO1%2C204%2C203%2C200

3 Likes

Nvm

Famous Moons:

Harvey Moon
Sun Kil Moon
Moon Unit Zappa

1 Like

Ban ki moon

2 Likes

Did you know that Stanley Kubrick’s film The Shining is proof that the moon landing was fake and is Kubrick’s way of admitting that he helped them do it :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

I mean, depending on who you ask.

4 Likes

This was the name of my horse in Red Dead Redemption

For once, FOR ONCE, I caught it in the edit.

1 Like

Had a reading test about the moon in my class recently. The question What did the astronauts bring back from the moon? Was answered by at least 5 kids as Cheese.

So proud.

Also if you are not familiar the short animation Baboon on the Moon is well worth a watch.

2 Likes

ah I see you’re all in the pocket of Big Moon

12 Likes

Yeah, if they’re so smart how come they’re dead?

3 Likes

I’ve only watched the Netflix version so I don’t know what the fuss is all about with the absence of this

Should I be ashamed

1 Like

Or should I say I’m 8 eps in

I like the moon. Was big last night

1 Like

The moon hasselblads are cool AY EFF

1 Like

I’m watching a thing on ITV about the moon landing and Michael Collins is genuinely trying to claim that he wasn’t bothered that he was the one who didn’t get to land on the moon.

He also said that if Armstrong and Aldrin had been stranded on the surface he’d have just gone home rather than trying to save them, ‘which would have been suicide’. Nice

4 Likes

Wow. Need a cold shower after seeing those.

1 Like