Flying (polls) ✈

Promise there’ll be more polls this time.

Would you consider taking a flight where you could only lie down in some sort of bunk bed set-up. Like, there wouldn’t be room to sit up or anything, and the width would be slightly smaller than a single bed. but you do have leg room.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you consider taking a flight where you’d have to stand up for the duration. Flight is 2 hours long, but only costs 5 pounds.

• Take my money Michael O’Ryanair
  • Nope

0 voters

Weatherspoons liquid breakfast at the airport regardless of the time of day

• Aye
  • Nay

0 voters

free flight to a far away exotic destination, but you have to pilot the plane for half an hour, in addition to other passengers (no pilot, and takeoff and landing are automated).

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Pilotless flight that you know is statistically safer, but won’t have anyone qualified to intervene when it all inevitably turns to disaster:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you take a domestic flight in the UK (mainland)

• Obviously not
  • Tory

0 voters

if it was just me taking over from the proper pilot for a while, then aye fine. don’t want all those other dickheads having a shot though, we’d die for sure.

people can’t get through the security scanner without fucking it up can you imagine them trying to push more than three buttons?

other people are the worst

You arrive at the gate, eager to board your flight to a hot European destination where you’ll be spending the week cycling. The check in assistant spots the cycling helmets hung on your rucksacks and takes you aside. You’re informed you’ll have to wear your helmets to board the flight:

• tell em to fuck off, no way am I humiliating myself like that. will probably result in getting kicked off the flight, but you’ve still got your dignity
  • sigh, strap on your helmets, and solemnly trudge up the stairs to the plane, head down in shame

0 voters

no, there’s no pilot on board. You’re allowed to radio in for help, though.

i’d consider doing the whole flight, but i’m not letting anyone else do it

I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of evidence out there that you cannot help a non-pilot to pilot a plane via the radio.

the thought of japes in full pilot’s garb, but wearing a kask mojito cycling helmet has made me chuckle.

You can pay £20 to guarantee no small children are aboard the aeroplane

• Pay
  • Don’t pay

0 voters

There are either a lot of jokers in this thread or a huge number of people with a death wish.

Ever been for a ride in/under a hot air balloon?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Flying

• Shit
  • Ooh look how high up we are ooooh (I’m an imboseal)

0 voters

On average, how far in advance do you check the location of your passport before you pack to fly somewhere

• Minutes
  • Hours
  • Days
  • Weeks
  • Months

0 voters

then how did he land??

you’re not suggesting he had lessons prior to the flight?