Flying (polls) ✈

Airships come back. Would you go for a transatlantic flight in one?

• Yeah, sounds relaxing
  • No ticket!

0 voters

pilot sticks on loud, obnoxious music over the intercom for the entirety of the flight, obviously played through a mobile phone. the tracks will be bound 4 da reload by oxide neutrino, slam by pendulum, that sort of thing.

Do you consider flying with them again?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Glass-bottomed aeroplane

• Would travel in
  • No way

0 voters

if i give you £40 can i throw them out halfway

1 Like

Applause when the plane lands, you…

• Join in
  • Continue doing what you’re doing, it’s not hurting anyone
  • Audible sigh/ eye roll at the brexit cunts
  • Citizens arrest all of them

0 voters

Fair. I actually meant to put modern jet airliner rather than plane.

You’re walking to the plane and look up at the cockpit, where you notice the pilot glugging on a bottle of champagne. he notices you and gives you a thumbs up and a wink.

• Board the flight. I’ve driven drunk a few times before - how different can it be?
  • Nope.

0 voters

Oxide & Neutrino: Yes.
Pendulum: No.

The FUCK is wrong with all you people who don’t want to get on an airship?

3 Likes

15 Likes

Months and at least once a week (usually in the middle of the night) before the flight.

They fill them with Helium now.

That’s true - although Ted Striker had no experience of landing a four jet-engined passenger plane, he had piloted propeller planes during the war…

2 Likes

Not in my hypothetical future they don’t.

2 Likes

Flying is pain in the arse especially if you’re even remotely tall but means to an end innit. I can imagine it’s a relative pleasure in a roomy plane or posh seat or something. The only thing that might still be an issue is the ear thing. Don’t get it so bad these days but had it one time where it was fucking excruciating. When I found out how much first class flying is, I nearly shat out all my internal organs.

Travelling by train is smashing but so fucking expensive unless you complete four riddles and a perilous quest.

Yeah I always get stuck in with this. Seem to remember it being a thing on package holidays when I was a kid. Thanking the pilot etc. Then it wasn’t a thing at all. And now it’s sort of become a thing again. I’m all for it.

6 Likes

It would take ages to cross the Atlantic. Seven hour flights are bad enough.

You can’t quite put your finger on why, but as the plane starts its descent you’re convinced that the landing gear isn’t down. You’re sitting next to the wing, you haven’t heard any noises to suggest the pilot has activated the landing gear.

• Excuse me member of the cabin crew, I’m probably being daft and I’m not trying to create a scene, but can you double-check the landing gear with the pilot? I’m convinced it’s not in use at the moment.
  • No way am I raising this, I’ll look insane. No, I’ll keep my concerns to myself - we might all die, but at least I won’t have went through the awkwardness of that social interaction.

0 voters