Landing:

• I’m totally serene
  • Generally ok, but I saw the pilot earlier and he looked about 15
  • Oh God we’re going to die in a massive fireball

0 voters

Levels of contempt for fellow passenger:

• Mild annoyance
  • Actually quite hate these people I don’t know
  • What the fuck are you queuing for you fucking human cattle, I will crash this plane to spite you

0 voters

Think I’m going to mute this thread. See you all on the other side.

2 Likes

If you have survived the take off then landing is easy!

Which is worse

• Take off
  • Landing
  • both fine, m9

0 voters

There’s no option for don’t notice/hate other passengers

^both are fine but I’ve had a couple of hairy landings (and never had a hairy take-off)

In fairness, I’m much less terrified about it than I used to be. Still not a fan, though.

You’re very observant.

Always been fine but on some greek islands you look out of the window on the way down and see a tiny runway with a mountain on one side and the sea on the other and wonder quite how the pilot’s going to manage it

1 Like

Take off is worst because it’s so rattly and you still have the rest of the flight ahead of you for something to go wrong. Landing is alright because you know it will soon be over. Hate the big sweeping turns in both tho.

The ones where the runway starts 5m from the sea freak me out a bit.

Yes quite! But if i had to choose, I think I’d rather end up in the sea than crashing into the mountain

Trying to be super cool and calm just to show how worldly I am, I travel all the time yeah?

(I don’t really)

1 Like

I got offered half a scotch egg by the person sitting next to me on a flight once. Was probably the highlight of the holiday.

2 Likes

You get 10 working class points for that, but I’m going to have to deduct 100 due to you living in a castle :wink:

My main beeves with flying are toilet-related. I’ve used lavs on planes where the whole room’s smaller than my actual ass. It’s inhumane. It’s a fucking cupboard.

Second major beeve is people who get mard at babies being upset. You’re an adult, ffs, and you find flying a bit nervy, the poor thing’s probably fucking petrified. (Misbehaving older kids can get tae fuck, though).

7 Likes

Ticked 4 but that’s counting connecting flights.