Food 'Heathenry' (polls, appropriate levels of chat)

Slice o’ pizza between two slices of garlic bread is good imo.

Last time I was in Italy the only vegetarian option in the deli near where I was staying was a fried bread sandwich, which is to say a piece of fried bread on a sandwich

Tbf, there was a bit of roasted veg on there as well

9 Likes

Looks good to me!

That reminds me

Toasted bread sandwich - one slice of buttered (both sides) bread between 2 slices of buttered (both sides) toast

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Sounds like a very authentic Stansted experience

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/great-things-posted-on-social-media-iii/59972/6864?u=spicer

1 Like

Plain pasta on its own can be alright as a side dish if it’s high qual and served with a juicy bit of casserole chicken or something

2 Likes

“gravy underneath” made me so angry

egg and chips is fine, not sure why that got 1/10 compared to all the other abominations. pie and crackers ffs

1 Like

What, a plate ful of dry pasta, next to a separate plate with chicken? Because if you’ve got chicken casserole and pasta together it’s not really plain pasta anymore

1 Like

Absolutely! I could go a plate of eggs and chips rn

Only say bc when I was working in France they had this canteen and the side dish every day was a different kind of plain pasta and I was like :thinking: but then realised you were meant to use the meat juice or whatever as the sauce, so perhaps the format threw me off. Gonna try it myself I reckon

1 Like

Although sometimes it was just like fusilli and a bit of dry pork or something :neutral_face:

Eating the orange peel (after eating the actual fruit, not eating it like an apple).

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I don’t do this with oranges but lemon peel is well nice and deserves to be eaten every time

3 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

6 Likes

If my grandmother had had wheels she would have been a bike

2 Likes

Reminds me baby of you

5 Likes

Thanks that’s my band name now

1 Like

Got a 50p off Rustlers voucher, gonna get me some burger action for lunch I reckon

Gonna toast the buns separately, makes a huge difference imo

2 Likes