Food that is invariably better heated up but you can't be arsed

Now, the concept of melted cheese within a warm croissant is very seductive. But how do you address the problem of flakeage when cutting the croissant? They seem to be so feebly constructed they’d just fall apart.

nah the ones you get in a plastic thing from the supermarket or from co-op or spenos that can be eaten hot or cold

1 Like

Scissors work quite well (I’m not riffing on the pizza cutting debate: use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut a croissant open and you’ll have the minimum of flakeage)

wings from the chicken joint go straight in my face immediately, don’t think I’ve ever been in a position to make a decision on leftovers the following morning

just fist the whole thing into your gob

sometimes have fallen asleep before eating the wings :frowning:

Cheap pre-packaged croissants are your friend here.

Ginsters used to be semi-decent.

Had one a few weeks ago - ‘NEW RECIPE’ it proudly boasted and it was disgusting.

I’m sure you’re right, just can’t really picture cutting a croissant with scissors.

Yeah, and I guess pre-warming they’re probably less brittle.

Absolutely. In the oven, too. Congealed cheese can gtf.

1 Like

50/50 this. Normally bang it in the oven but cut off a big slice to eat raw while the rest is cooking.

2 Likes

Seems like pretty good quiche tactics that, might give it a bash

Yes. They’re nice and soft.

After 10 minutes in the oven they are rich, splintery goodness.

Pop Tarts

Hot sausage rolls are rank, they’re soggy and disgusting. They need to be cold to retain any structural integrity. Quiche is 50/50, and better cold for the same reason.

On the other hand, eat croissants hot you animals.

1 Like

Leftover pizza should absolutely be heated up. You have to be careful or it’ll burn, but put on a low heat for about 10 minutes and it’s as good as fresh.

the fuck’s a scotch pancake

1 Like

2 Likes