Food Trucks

Have you ever wanted to just jack it in and get a food truck (like the movie Chef but also others)? If not, why not?

What kind would it be? Where would you park up?

What’s your favourite real life food truck?

3 Likes

I think the best food truck food might be those really overfilled, sloppy falafel wraps.

2 Likes

I love the smell of the Kool Runnings truck near me and there’s always a massive queue. Think it had a 4 page feature once in the guardian magazine. However it seems to be mostly meat so I’ve never been.

Big fan of the Tibetan Kitchen trucks being in several places now so I’m always near some dhal.

I would not like a food truck as I essentially worked the same set up in a cafe where we cooked everything behind the small bar on grills and I hated smelling of bacon fat constantly and just the general small space environment and how hot it could get.

1 Like

Cheese toasties. Late night. City centre

3 Likes

No

Same reason for being a chef in a restaurant: it’s very repetitive if you have to do it for a living, with hard work and poor pay.

Quinoa

Outside Nusr-Et

4 Likes

breakfast rolls in an industrial estate

3 Likes

My mate was fed up being a chef in hotels and restaurants so has got his own pizza van now

He loves it

Reckon I would love it too

1 Like

Think it’ll be alright. Tap into whatever faddy foods are in, park up at a brewery at the weekend. Maybe a festival or 5 over the summer.

1 Like

Mentioned it before but I’d run one in Manchester called How Soon Is Bao. It would serve Baos, as the name suggests.

Not sure if I have a favourite but I generally enjoy them, though the last couple I’ve had have been rubbish (arepas)

1 Like

It would be called ‘Meggsy Can’. I would change my name to Megsy. It would serve Mexican food. In a can.

3 Likes

Weddings is where the money is, breweries probably more fun

Ever been to a wedding with a food truck (or two)?

I haven’t but i never go to weddings

Park up: swindon

1 Like

pizza van would probably be the ideal in terms of low stress, high output

1 Like

One of the main issues with Food Trucks/Street Food Markets is that they often serve up “main courses” and don’t cater for folk who want something sweet for afters so I’d have a food truck that just sold like normal chocolate bars and sweets but out of a truck instead of a building. The truck would also be a normal car.

3 Likes

The van would also be shaped like a can.

1 Like

oh no i have gone out of business

3 Likes

And the playlist would be Can right?

2 Likes

Mariachi Can covers actually, but close enough

3 Likes

Haven’t seen any of those Red Bull beetles around for a while, what were they all about??

1 Like

I think if there was a man selling sweets from his car in my neighbourhood I’d be a little suspicious

1 Like