Foods that go with baked beans

A chip is the only thing I’ll ever dip in mayonnaise, and then only if there is no curry sauce available.

I know a lot of nominally ‘British’ cuisine is imported, but baked beans are a US creation (and remain popular there)…

1 Like

Ireland are top of the charts (yes I’m very bored)

2 Likes

just had a fry up*, you best believe i got bean juice all over every bite of that mother

*pic for proof:

6 Likes

We don’t care, it’s still THE British foodstuff

american tinned beans are so sweet/sickly

What on earth has happened to that sausage?

1 Like

Tbf, some people with sensory processing elements of their mental health are incredibly sensitive to texture and not sure this comment is kind. Appreciate it was said in semi-jest but just flagging in case you hadn’t considered it.

1 Like

You’ve never had hasselback sausage?

(Sorry for poor phrasing, brain isn’t working this week due to a lot dealing with police over ongoing stalking, intimidation and harassment)

hasselback sausage?

Not much, hasselback sausage with you?

download

3 Likes

oh shit i missed this, sorry unlucky

Is this a thing?

The orange in the Irish flag represents bean juice

3 Likes

Jacket potatoes… have beans and tuna with a good helping of cheese. Yummy :drooling_face:

1 Like

I don’t like beans touching my egg. FIGHT ME

2 Likes

I reckon I could be about to score massive indie wanker points here.

I find bean juice very gelatinous and gross so I make my own beans in tomato sauce in a big batch and put it in little tupperware containers in the fridge.

1 Like

About 8 decent sized cloves of garlic minced. Fry them in a little oil with about a tablespoon each of cumin and smoked paprika and a little white pepper. Add a packet of quartered cherry tomatoes, once they’re broken down add a big packet of passata and bring to the boil. Add 5 tins of beans of your choice (personally I like to go for an adzuki, a harricot, a pinto, a borlotti and a kidney but whatever the supermarket happens to have will do) and enough vegetable stock to make a nice bean to sauce balance. Simmer for half an hourish. Sometimes I add chilli flakes as well, sometimes I dump in some dried oregano, sometimes I fry a leek with the garlic, sometimes I add a tin of green lentils. Very versatile! Her Indoors likes to put nutritional yeast in when she eats it.

2 Likes