Foods you have become obsessed with during lockdown

The filthier the better.

I can’t pass a supermarket now without picking up another multipack of dairy lea dunkers. Find them such an easy snack :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Sometimes have two in one sitting.

What are you munching a lot during lockdown (that you wouldn’t normally)

Peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwiches on cheap white bread. Glorious.

2 Likes

had waitrose cream of tomato soup every day for 2 months.

3 Likes

I am avoiding shops as don’t like going in with M so I’ve only been once in 2 months…so all my obsessions are cravings that are never fulfilled. The top spot is lemon curd, can’t stop thinking about lemon curd.

2 Likes

and i’ll go another 2 in my sleep.

1 Like

bit of a mint aero addiction going on rn

2 Likes

3 Likes

Mustard

Been putting it in every sandwich, in increasingly large amounts

Went too hard in a ham hock and mustard sandwich the other day. The mustard heat literally drove me to tears. Someone walked into the staff room, saw me and thought I was crying and walked back out lol

15 Likes

The same but with horseradish, and on things a long way from beef.

talking of dairlea though, I saw a thing on twitter about a japanese food blogger(?) taking dairylea triangles and frying them slowly as some gourmet ting. Been obsessed with what this might taste like.

1 Like

dystenterylea triangles

1 Like

These coconut cakes
Buy a pack to ration over the week, in reality last about 5 minutes.

9 Likes

love crimbles.

3 Likes

Those Walkers lime and coriander poppadums, mainly. The crisps aisle of Tesco has been taking a hammering this lockdown.

1 Like
  • eat the best stuff of the big shop within 2 days and then spend 5 days living like animals
  • no, I can portion out things like an adult

0 voters

Tell you what, I’m really missing these. Always had them in the conference suite at work. I probably ate 50 a week

3 Likes

Not sure I’ve tried those! First thing I do when I get back, pretty sure we’ve got other varieties of them too

1 Like

Hey I’m sorry to hear this.

We are all coping in different ways and all of those ways are OK. Look after yourself.

Do you enjoy any exercise? I’ve found that’s the only thing that’s keeping me going through all this. Even if I’m deathly hungover I force myself out and immediately feel better.

Also offsets all the dunkers :flushed:

1 Like

Cheese.

Visit the cheesemonger every week and nibble every night. Current selection includes:

• Ragstone goat cheese
  • Isle of Mull cheddar
  • Sparkenhoe blue
  • Baron Bigod
8 Likes

halloumi