Foods you were a late adopter of

Onions, don’t think I ate them til after uni now I could nearly be tempted to munch on them like apples.

Indian food, again didn’t really get into it til after uni which is a kick in the teeth now as my student house was about 10 minutes walk from the Balti Triangle in Birmingham

I’m 34 now and I’m still not buying into eggs.

Think we’re all aware of this already :wink:

1 Like

also: squash mix-ups. so like mixing cherry and berries with ribena winter berry or elder-flower squash with apple squash.
Should keep a log of what works and what doesn’t. Tizer and irn bru doesn’t work but at the same time it isn’t bad.

They do though, especially if it’s something that can be prepared different ways, or cooked in different dishes.

I never liked the texture of mushrooms (despite not minding the taste), but then I had them in soupy noodles and they are great in there.

I can’t alter it :frowning: MODS grant me the power to change and learn

Peanut butter. Tried it once as a child and didn’t like it, didn’t try it again until i was about 30

Tinned tuna. Hated it as a kid, tried it again age approx 25 and liked it

Tinned tuna and also mayonnaise (and worse tuna mayo) are two mountains I cannot conquer

errrr how old are you?
I really thought you were about 24 or something!

various kinds of vegetarian foods, which I once considered a waste of time (tofu) or vaguely perverse (things that pretend to be cuts of meat), I am now not completely averse to

You are so smooth

35!

Shut up!!
I really thought you were a proper young’n!

Nope! One of the oldies (not that old)

1 Like

And I thought you’d be only wrong in The Star Wars thread… :smiley:

In all seriousness, this is simply wrong and, whilst you might still not like something, I can categorically tell you that over time tastes change and shit you hated you might really like. for me, it’s houmous and avocados. fucking despised them and now they are all-the-time meal additions.

1 Like

Never had pesto until I was in my mid twenties but that’s probably because it had only been invented around that time.

1 Like

they sell hot vimto at the football now
makes the place smell great

Bought an avocado for the first time last year.

Averaging about ten a week now.

1 Like

I took a 48 year old man to get falafel for the first time in his life last week.

He loved it.

But he doesn’t like any “greenery” so he had it in a pita bread with chickpeas and houmous. I had to explain that he’s gone for a triple chickpea sandwich there. He had thought falafel was made of cheese.

3 Likes

How is your ripeness judgement going? I used to be quite good at picking ones prime for eating in the next day, but recently my judgement has been all over the shop

I used an avocado for the first time about a month ago. Had eaten them out before and bought guacamole and whatnot, but had never cheffed with one before.

Never liked raw/crunchy onion in my food until probably 2 years ago.

Sampled brown sauce for the first time about 18 month ago.