Football 08/05/2017 - 12/-5/2017

Fair enough. Thinking about it, we’d won the champions league the year before too, so the whole thing was really meh.

3 Likes

You’re right, but I also fucking love Romero. He looks like he’s never kept goal before in his life and is just doing an extraordinary job of haphazardly blagging it.

2 Likes

Just what you want in an all-or-nothing season defining match eh.

1 Like

not far off the truth. In a 12 year career, he’s made weirdly few first team appearances.

1 Like

:grinning:

1 Like

Based on his current wikipedia stats, he makes exactly one international appearance for every two club games. That’s extraordinary!
174/87

2 Likes

Argentina haven’t had a decent keeper since Roa have they.

During his career, he was a practising Seventh-day Adventist and followed a vegan (strictly vegetarian) diet.

Less than one year later, Lechuga (lettuce, a nickname coming from his eating preferences)[1] Roa returned to Mallorca

:smiley:

2 Likes

He has more caps than Batistuta ffs!

1 Like

Absurd. Almost as absurd at Batistuta’s scoring rate for Argentina. 56 goals in 78 games is pretty amazing.

2 Likes

fucking hell, just checked and despite only being 25 (and passing away aged 22) Neymar has 52 in 77. He’ll wind up with about 250 caps the nutter

6 Likes

On a human level it’s properly shit that Zlatan has to miss the final in his hometown against his old club in what would’ve probably been his last game in Europe with the only major injury he’s ever had innit.

1 Like

He would have definitely stayed next season to have a crack at the Champions League and earn £360k a week.

That said, it’s absolute gutting he won’t play and I’d be much more confident if he was.

1 Like

Hometown? 0_o

Hasn’t he got some really lairy pink house there or something? I remember it from his autobiography but that might have been Malmo actually now I think about it.

Home-capital at least!

His hometown of Sweden!

2 Likes

He bought a church in the centre of town and converted it a couple of years ago*, yes. Plus he has or had a big house in the archipelago but Stockholm is hardly his hometown

*or rather, a company he owns did

1 Like

Let’s not get bogged down in semantics, friend. The point is that all of us should come together and cross-partisan supporter lines to express sadness at one of the game’s greats being robbed of a wonderful occasion

Agreed, plus the Europa final is at the place he did this

which is still mental to watch
Old Collymore on the commentary there tells it like it is

10 Likes

A Goal for all Sweden