Football 15/05 - 21/05

Luton-Blackpool is a bit of a humdinger, or at least this last 20. Ooooft aplenty

Three season wonder IMO. He’ll get found out next season.

6 Likes

The other match has ended up 6-5 on aggregate as well. What a nuts couple of ties!

1 Like

I thought it a bit mean on Son for Poch to sub him off

Would likely have got a hat-trick too

He’ll definitely get found out for the bang average player he is the season directly after signing for Manchester United for an extraordinarily large sum of money

4 Likes

No eay United would jizz €100m on a mediocre player after two standout seasons.

Oh fuck :anguished:

Thought Sanchez was in with a decent shout of the golden boot the other day :sob:

Kane’s scored 26 in 28 in the barclays BPL league this season, that’s pretty fucking great tbf

If only he could stay fit

the new Dean Ashton

1 Like

I like that he has scored against every other PL team at least once this season.

Scored against Spurs too, no?

that’s impressive, now he just has to do it in successive games and he can be as good as messi

Didn’t even realise there was a PL game tonight :joy:

I keep forgetting that Kane is still only 23

Wonder if he can go 10 seasons or more hitting 20+ a season

Should take him past Shearer’s record

10 seasons of 20+ would be absolutely ludicrous, not impossible tho

barring a very bad injury or move abroad he’ll break it. Seems incredibly one-track minded and professional which should give him a bit more longevity than our Wayne.

had my first ever experience of being an older, condescending, ‘it was all better in my day’ moment of my life today. there’s a school work experience kid working in the office for a week, and he’s also an Arsenal fan. spent a good half hour today telling him how shit Arsenal are now compared to the early 00’s (i think he was born the year Arsenal won the league last.

felt really weird, but also…kind of good? I think I’m gonna really buy into the whole grumpy grandad with lunatic views on football role tbh.

4 Likes

Think these are fairly big ifs. Lots of players get injured, lots see their form drop off and if he can keep it up at a goal a game rate without injury, then one of the big continental squids is sure to come knocking. Think one of those things is more likely to happen than not tbh