⚽ Football in June: John Barnes in a Morrisons ⚽

Wan Bissaka looking like a Man Utd player already

2 Likes

I misread the Twitter account name as “Football Manager: Hair on Politicians” and thought @anon5266188’s lot must have got really bored to be making this sort of spinoff.

Fixture predictions:

First day of EFL

Championship: Derby v Leeds
League 1: Bolton v Bury :grimacing:, Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
League 2: Salford v Oldham

Europa League Second Qualifying Round: Wolves v Kilmarnock/Connah’s Quay Nomads

I think we’ll play Salford on Boxing Day rather than 1st day if I’m honest.

I wonder what happens if Scholes turns up!

Probably nothing. As I’ve said before he looked cold and uninterested at Boundary Park and he left because of the owner we all hate. Plus we have bigger grudges with that team mainly Adam Rooney who was absolutely shite when he played for us.

Looking forward to finding out who Wolves have got in the Europa League via the always convoluted UEFA draw process this afternoon…

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2020/draws/round=2001147/

I’m sure the words on that page make sense to someone, somwhere…

Shame we can’t be drawn against Honved - that’d be a proper 50s throwback…

1 Like

Cork City are playing Progrès Niederkorn or Cardiff Met Uni FC in the First Qualifying Round and could play one of NK Osijek, FC Prishtina, St Joseph’s FC, Rangers, Roma, Gzira United FC, Hajduk Split or Luzern if they get through.

I would like us to get Roma if we got through obviously but our form is so bad we might not even get past the first round.

Hope we get a big tie against the winner of Ordabasy Shymkent vs Torpedo Kutaisi

Non-league is so freakin’ cute <3 :cat2:

1 Like

Watched this the other day. Utterly brilliant.

“The mud pie pitch!”

1 Like

Probably bung a grand on the favourite.

2 Likes

Rangers could face either Cork City, Progres Niederkorn again or the mighty Cardiff Metropolitan University :no_mouth:

was it progres who horsed them out last year? also hope for @Kallgeese sake they don’t end up facing Cork

Year before. Hilarious.

I’m sure their fans will conduct themselves in Ireland with their trademark respect, friendliness and cultural tolerance.

3 Likes

Crusaders or Torshavn.

Come on Torshavn! (So we can play a shit game at their silly little ground.)

1 Like

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. That was the absolute worst draw we could have hoped for. Avoiding the city centre for the home leg if we get through.

1 Like

The Dutch representation in the Europa League starts in the 2nd qualification round:

AZ v BK Häcken
FC Utrecht v Akademija Pandev or HSK Zrjinski

Matches to be played on 25 July and 1 August.

Feyenoord will join them in the third qualification round

Luis Enrique’s standing down as Spain boss. Sounds like he’s got something pretty horrible going on with his family, hope he/they’re alright.

Fully fully here for this Jose gimenez Vs falcao uru-col match story

32 Likes