Football: It's the international break, and the transfer window has slammed shut

enjoy! really good that loads of the WSL games are at the ‘actual’ club stadium too these days.

2 Likes

I think the modern game is just a bit frustrating

I mean, the stress is about more than that for me, but it is significant

Yeah most of Leicester Women’s matches are at the KP this season which is great. £40 a season ticket too, madness. Not sure if it’s the same as other clubs.

Hope they do well but doubt I’ll get involved, I’ve too many hobbies which means I basically only watch the PL, FA Cup, International and the later stages of Europe for the majority anyway.

Hey @Mert I saw this and thought of you

1 Like

We’re getting everywhere these days x

Well here’s the thread anyway. Imo more people should get into women’s football as it’s generally much more wholesome, the players are mostly lovely and relateable, and it doesn’t have the robotic, stifling hyper-athleticism of the current men’s game.

4 Likes

Yeah, I just saw a car with a Leicester City badge in it and I thought “I know just the person who’ll enjoy this”

You were right, I enjoyed it!

1 Like

My main issue with women’s football is that some of the originators e.g. Doncaster Belles have been sidelined and the whole thing has been consumed by the same big dickhead clubs as the rest of football for their own ends or done a Liverpool.

5 Likes

That’s true about Donny Belles, but also it’s good that the big teams are investing in the women’s game because that’s the only way it’s gonna grow. As someone I follow says, there’s a misconception that investment should follow increased interest, but in sport the dynamic is often the other way around and that’s particularly true in women’s football.

2 Likes

Not relevant really to this but I did like how in 2021 Andy Butler played for Doncaster Rovers whilst also managing them and Doncaster Belles

just went to check the fixtures for tomorrow and realized it was still the international break

1 Like

Are you fucking kidding me

1 Like

sorry for dragging up two day old convos, only just caught up on this thread. I really like the Saul signing. I think we are lacking depth in CM and also need something a bit different there. Kante has struggled with injuries in the last two years so we need to save him for the key games. Kovacic and Jorginho can’t play every game, and more importantly neither of them are capable of scoring goals from outside the box, which means teams can crowd the box more and it’s easier for them to close spaces. Hopefully Saul can give us a bit more of threat there. From his perspective, I think he didn’t want to play at LWB anymore (hopefully the fact we have Alonso and Chilwell will mean he doesn’t have to do that for us).

It’s a bit of a blow for RLC but think Tuchel might see him as cover further forward - if he rates him at all. It’s better for Gilmour and Gallagher to be out on loan and playing than sitting on the bench at this stage in their development. Anjorin just went on loan to Lokomotiv Moscow, with an option to buy (apparently he wanted the move)

Completely agree on Stadio (have just been singing their praises in the WSL thread - have gone into more detail there). Has legit increased my enjoyment of football since I got into it. Bloody love Ian Wright too, and it’s great to hear him talk more in depth on Wrighty’s House than he is able to as a TV pundit

1 Like

The Barkman Cometh

I prefer Soria miserable

1 Like

Barkley? Honestly wouldn’t be adverse to him getting a few more chances, especially against teams who sit deep. Not sure why he fell off at Villa after that strong start? It’ll be shame if he doesn’t get some minutes tbh, as apparently a few loan moves fell through at the last minute. He deserves better than a Drinkwater playing for the U23s situation; clearly a talented player who just can’t find any consistency.

He was one of the laziest and most entitled players I have ever seen, it was a bit embarrassing at times considering the loan very much seemed to be make or break time

got some pipes on him tbh

Definitely but, looks slightly unhinged anytime he is happy on screen like when he went round to huffpost and wanted someone to kiss his fucking book