Football: It's the international break, and the transfer window has slammed shut

Could play me in goal with the 98% possession they’ll get against leicester

If only they’d stumped up the cash

1 Like

Except it is the opposite - they are looking at the calendar and saying let’s not do this, let’s completely change it.

I found it funny more than anything - was just picturing it happening IRL. All the delegates are discussing the merits of Wenger’s suggestion, and one just stands up and bellows Every 4 Years - Fuck Off. Meeting hastily adjourned. :laughing:

Maybe that’s John Terry’s role! Would forgive him a lot if he did that tbh

2 Likes

Imagine if the World Cup had always been every 2 years, and now someone came out and said do you know what, we should do this half as frequently so that a small number of elite players who earn half a million quid a week can put their feet up in a resort in Dubai for a couple of weeks every other summer. That would go down well.

Think they had that last season and they still conceded five.

They didn’t have safebruv in goal last season

1 Like

Top players should definitely get more rest, yes

What about top, top players?

suprise world cups at random intervals with no notice imo. like a fire drill but it’s a world cup. put me on your taskforce wenger you coward

7 Likes

This is way better. Random teams too please.

2 Likes

Pep will have definitely learned that lesson now though and we won’t be trying to hold a defensive line 10 yards inside their half.

Dunno, we’ve smashed you a few times over the last few years. It’s a fixture where I’ve never any idea what to expect. Sometimes we rinse you, others we get so comprehensively outclassed it derails our entire season.

Really wanna watch City vs. City, Arsenal vs. Norwich and United vs. Newcastle tomorrow but they’re all 3pm. Bring back staggered kick-off times imo

Agreed fuck the grass roots

1 Like

Or just no team can be in two consecutive World Cups. Who wouldn’t want to see Bolivia lifting the ol’ Jules Rimet?

alright then, bring back those games being televised instead of Palace/Spurs and Everton/Burnley

No I was being serious :grinning::grinning:

Get rid of the blackout

3 Likes

New thread @moderators pls close this one x