Here we go again for 2020/21. Similar rules as the past few seasons, just trimmed down slightly. All games now Saturday 3pm kick-offs, and only FIVE games to predict each week, with an optional push-your-luck Scorer bonus game.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Each week I’ll post FIVE fixtures for the following Saturday, 3pm
- Simply predict the final score of each match
- Assign a “Wager” 1/2/3/4/5 to each match, using each number only once
- Points are scored as follows: If you get the result correct (home/away/draw) you’ll earn 1x Your Wager. If you get the score spot on, you’ll receive 3x Your Wager instead. No points deducted for incorrect predictions.
- You can join late, or miss a week(s), and you’ll be automatically assigned whatever the lowest points were scored that week.
- Make your predictions by replying to the weekly thread, however PMs also accepted if you prefer.
- Amendments accepted up until 3pm each Saturday, post or PM me.
OPTIONAL BONUS GAME:
- PM me a player from one of the five fixtures
- If they score (not an OG), you win +5 points
- If they fail to score, you lose -5 points
- If they score and they are a unique pick, you win +15 points instead.
- Multiple goals not counted, either they score or don’t
- If the Dubious Goals Malcolms change their mind about a goalscorer weeks later then tough titties. Whatever is on Sky/BBC when I check around 5pm ish stands.
Week 01 Fixtures:
- Crystal Palace v Southampton (PL)
- West Ham United v Newcastle United (PL)
- Derby County v Reading (CH)
- Rangers v Dundee United (SP)
- Eibar v Celta Vigo (LL)
Good luck all you King Tippers!
Fuck me, really front-ended this with some mouth-watering contests haven’t you
- Crystal Palace 0-0 Southampton (2)
- West Ham United 0-1 Newcastle United (4)
- Derby County 2-0 Reading (3)
- Rangers 3-1 Dundee United (5)
- Eibar 1-1 Celta Vigo (1)
As I scrolled through the Saturday 3pm lot, I was like… I’ve made a huge mistake. You all nearly got something from the Ryman League tbh
Crystal Palace 1 v 0 Southampton (3)
West Ham United 0 v 0 Newcastle United (1)
Derby County 2 v 0 Reading (4)
Rangers 3 v 0 Dundee United (5)
Eibar 2 v 1 Celta Vigo (2)
who’s good at this?
I don’t wanna play but I might bet on the outcomes predicted by certain posters who know their shit. Foolproof way to make money right
Nine in so far, and I’d make ten.
Having moral dilemma over whether I play the goalscorer bonus game (so far five of you have). On one hand I’ve already seen your picks, on the other it’s my game and I want to play it.
I can genuinely say the player I was going to pick this week hasn’t been chosen yet.
Up to you lot whether you think I should nominate a player or not this week (in future I’ll just do my predictions first and spoiler him).
Probably won’t score anyway
- Crystal Palace 2-2 Southampton 1
- West Ham United 1-2 Newcastle United 2
- Derby County 2-0 Reading 3
- Rangers 3-1 Dundee United 5
- Eibar 0-2 Celta Vigo 4
Goalscorer: Callum Wilson (Newcastle)
I got the impression you were vaguely optimistic about the coming season? I’ve got Ayew in my fantasy team, is that a bad call?
Ayew has been playing well preseason, infact we’ve had some good results. Ferguson and Eze are very good signings.
But… we have a major defensive injury crisis still going on, Tomkins, Sakho, Cahill and van Aanholt are all injured. Meaning we’ve been playing Kouyate as a centre back alongside Scott Dann.
Eze also got injured against Millwall, so I’m not sure he’ll start and Ferguson was injured when we signed him.
I’m not sure what gave you the impression that I was confident, seriously think we might go down. Zaha has looked good preseason and was given captaincy (mainly as everyone else is injured, but still). If he stays and Eze takes some of the pressure of him, we may do better than I fear.