Football Thread 6/3/17-10/3/17

Mings doesn’t play for Manchester United.

Subthread: footballing minimums.

Number of goals required before a game is classed as a thriller? Got to be six goals. A six-goal thriller.

nah, you can have a 2-1 humdinger. all depends on the style of the game, the timing of the goals and amount of DRAMA.

6 total goals + missed penalties + red cards is about right

1 Like

But you’d never hear the phrase “3 goal thriller” would you? Even if the game was utterly thrilling. I didn’t phrase my subthread clearly enough, I don’t think.

oh, in that case you could definitely have a ‘5 goal thriller’ anyway

1 Like

I’ll accept that. Anything seven goals or above (assuming, for instance, it’s 4-3 and not 7-0) is an obligatory thriller.

…Nojo.

I’ll get m’coat.

A deliberate stamp on someone’s head is definitely a worse offence than a deliberate elbow. Not saying that it was deliberate as it’s not possible to know (I think it probably was though). It shouldn’t be more than a three match ban though based on historic precident but they’ve got a history of making it up as they go along haven’t they.

If it was me and I had accidentally stamped on someone’s head then the first thing I’d do is stop running back towards the goal and go to the player and apologise. There is no way that Ming’s didn’t know he had stood on his head.

3 Likes

It’s harsh on Bornemouth. United are only in danger of losing a 35-year-old free transfer for a cup tie and two bankers. The Cherries face being without an £18m defender for three relegation six-pointers.

9 Likes

the whole thing is Minging

Agree with your assessment. Win for us and it looks like we’re in the clear, but a loss and you’ll be in with a shout.

Should be a really good occasion. Leeds bringing 7000 apparently. Think the only Fulham match I’ve seen this season is that opening win against Newcastle, and don’t really know much of the squad, so I don’t really know how to think about it, but from our perspective, with Wood in the form he is, and Bartley and Jansson together, I’m always pretty confident of scoring and keeping a clean sheet. Think we could knick it 1-0 but I’d take a point

Cahill’s shirt :grinning:

fucking lovely.

Great goal, tbf. Not the sort of strike you normally associate with Chelsea.

wouldn’t have happened if Man U didn’t have all the ref’s in their pocket though, cause ibra would have been off already.

Would be extremely disappointed if Koeman became our manager. Very average, way too abrasive and grouchy.

Expect us to either go for a higher profile, up-and-coming manager or someone from way outfield. Someone like Thomas Tuchel, Nagelsmann, the Leipzig one, Jardim, Sampaoli… or some guy I’ve never heard of. Given that we’ll probably be losing Ozil and Sanchez in the summer too, we’d be pretty well advised to try and get Tuchel in then buy 3 or 4 of the best kids on the market for him to work with.

…even though it’ll pain me to have a manager that looks like he should be working in IT.

Afraid the chronology of the events has done you here pal.

1 Like

I was just fishing for a response tbf

And boy oh boy did you get one! A real doozy as well!

1 Like