Football Thread for the next 48 days (fun for all guaranteed)

Shit.

He’s lacking the panache of antpoc’s post though

i wonder if i’ll find a way to take off enough time to watch every single game…

how long will it take overall? by my calculations it wouldn’t actually take much longer - 32 days?

This is a washout lads, literally every single person in the world has already had the same thought and made an equivalent gag

https://twitter.com/search?q=panini&src=typd

https://twitter.com/DWindass10/status/818764350420828160

I’m weirdly unenthused by Chelsea v Brentford, wanted a big team but we played Chelsea twice 4 years ago. plus John Terry will be back from suspension so I’ll have to see him play :confused:

maybe we’ll get someone more exciting in the 5th round?

3 team groups makes no sense

There’ll be so many groups where either all teams finish on 3 points, or one team tops it with 6 and the other 2 draw with each other

They’re doing penalty shootouts for group matches alongside the change

RIP England’s brave young lions

Let’s predict a line-up (and formation) of those brave lions going out in the group stage on pens in 2026!

---------------------------------------- Harry Lewis -----------------------------------------
---------------- Cameron Carter-Vickers, Reece Oxford, Axel Tuanzebe -----------------
Kyle Walker-Peters ------------------------------------------------ -------Ryan Sessengon
----------------- Will Hughes, Nathanial Chalobah, Joshual Onomah --------------------

-------------------------------------- Wayne Rooney ----------------------------------------

------------------------------------- Tammy Abraham --------------------------------------

Ryan Sessegnon looks pretty fucking good eh? doesn’t turn 17 til May the little shit. Can’t wait to see him tearing it up for City’s bench in a couple of years

Born in the year 2000, makes you fucking sick doesn’t it.

absolutely flayed your target alive there mate

wot bout angel gomes m9?

He’ll have just turned 26 by the time that WC rolls around. Bit sad having a really good youth development set up in the championship, don’t even get a couple of good seasons out of them when they develop, just bring them through, get them into the first team, start playing well and off they fuck (to Celtic too which is just salt in the wound)

The resurgence of wing-backs will see him reduced to an impact role from the bench (either that or he’ll be lifting the trophy as captain of Portugal)

You did this just to include Rooney didn’t you?

Rochdale vs us at Spotland would potentially be a great TV tie. Almost certain to be a sellout, two neighbouring teams both playing well in respective divisions, and chance of an upset.

No chance of it being picked over Man U vs Wigan though.