Football Thread - No Euros Chat In Here

Even if he does he’ll score 15 (all at home) and nobody will notice

All pens.

2 Likes

Good to see the summer is officially over and checks notes Fulham fans are having a pop at Man Utd

tenor (8)

Alexa play toxicity

3 Likes

This is huge!

What a fool :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lukas Podolski’s stint at Arsenal has almost completely vanished from my memory

like, I know he was there, but I can’t recall anything of it beyond the fact he was there

weird

I feel the same about Sylvain Wiltord. Just googled and he was there for 4 years! Can’t recall ever seeing him in an Arsenal shirt or being on any of the games at all

Blimey.

He literally scored a title-winning goal away at their biggest rivals.

12 Likes

Absolutely no recollection of it, had to google it to check what year that was. It’s weird, like I can remember Tony Adams vs Everton vividly but that…nope. My dad’s a Man U fan too so I definitely would have seen it

This sums it up quite nicely and is pretty much my view.

1 Like

1.5 de geas

1 Like

One of the mysteries of the modern game that no one decent has come for Son. Definitely big to have secured him for his peak. I would have thought he’d be off.

1 Like

Think it’s another indicator that the days of nigh infinite sized transfer budgets are over, for anything below class s grade goods anyway. 5 years ago I reckon he would’ve been prized off Spurs in his previous season.

1 Like

Having some summer these lads

9 Likes

Uniteds socials coming with the bantz

1 Like

£130k a week for Emmet Smith-Rowe.

Blimey.

Does he even start?

One of my favourite ever players - would love to know why Wenger didn’t use him more. Remember going absolutely bananas at Anderlecht away when he smashed in a last minute winner. Saw he just signed for his boyhood club in Poland.

Yeah, we’ve even given him the 10 jersey :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve said it before in this thread, but I think we’re in a period of readjustment in terms of transfers. Transfer fees haven’t really fallen, but overall willingness and ability to pay them has, while your average team has less to gain overall from selling. Who can afford to fork out on a 29 year old Son with little resale value? And haven’t the likes of Hazard served as a warning against doing so? He could have run his contract down, as more and more players are, but by that time he’d be a couple of years older and Spurs might be willing to part with him if he wants a new challenge anyway.

£160m for Kane. Wonder if Spurs will squander the money like they did the Bale fee.

Hope not, hope not.

1 Like

The letter here seems promising