Football

is this the new champions league thread or something

2 Likes

Love football, Iā€™ll never top that feeling when my team won Friendly Match 2014

6 Likes

1 Like

This glorious summer when I thought it might come home (not even on premiership book)

I canā€™t believe it. Top of the league with three games to go.

2 Likes

does goal line technology work or doesnā€™t it?

which replay are we supposed to believe? this was supposed to be a flawless system.

2 Likes

1 Like

The Beautiful Game

cantona

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Isnā€™t it? Hmmm?

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

really wish the word TWAT had been slipped in by accident

Iā€™ve stopped telling new people i meet in real life that i like football. Say i like a bit of everything ā€œcricket, rugby league, etcā€. Conversation-ender nine times out of ten. Fucking brilliant. Immediately takes away 80% of chit-chat.

If people press me i mention something about non-leagues or the Portuguese league being underrated and they glaze over and never bother again.

Highly recommended life strategy, if a bit Conservative.

Find myself really struggling with football atmā€¦although I realise this is primarily down to not paying for a subscription channel/not finding the time to sit down and watch a dodgy stream.

I think, because of that, I have a warped perspective of the ins and outs of footballā€¦and see things mostly through the media frameā€¦which tends to sensationalise boring stuff and ignore the genuinely interesting human element of football. I should probably check out a local non-league teamā€¦but it might feel like a betrayal of my (sort of) beloved York City.

Similarly to @bugduvā€¦I also leave out football when making small talkā€¦unless itā€™s a very awkward scenario with other guys who I canā€™t just walk away from (weddings, for example)

1 Like

I probably spend more time reading about football or listening to people talk about football than I spend watching football. Probably watch a game every other week. Unless itā€™s the WC, then Iā€™m watching as much as possible.

1 Like