Footwear you have owned throughout your life (pics encouraged)

More recently, I was a big fan of these Pacman SB Dunks and was very sad when the heel got knackered and I had to retire them.

2 Likes

Yup definitely had a pair of them

Yes to the pumas. Kind of amazing to think these were fashionable.

Had a pair of all white air force ones that i wore with drainpipe jeans. Thought i was the man.

1 Like

love some of the innovations in football boot/astro turf technology during the 2000s. the offset laces here to “improve your strike”. and you’d get ones with special grippy bits to “put more curl on it”.

I had a pair of these which I think were based on a similar theory to the total 90s (i.e. that it was somehow your laces that were stopping you from scoring a screamer every time you had a shot) (I was a centre back - unforgivable in hindsight):

total bollocks, surely?

3 Likes

Aye. I was a big fan of pulling the tongue as far down as possible like Beckham and using elastic bands to hold it in place that would inevitably snap.

1 Like

I wanted these for ages cos Pires wore them and eventually got a pair for Christmas. Wore them for the first time on a wet ash pitch and they were pretty much ruined from that point. God knows what I was thinking.

3 Likes

Got a pair of these Ryan Giggs football boots for my 11th birthday. Woke up the next day to find our dog, then a puppy, had eaten them. For years I thought it was just teething but now I realise he knew about Giggs all along

7 Likes

ah yeah the classic massive predator tongues with elastic band were probably the high point of this technology from an aesthetic perspective weren’t they.

I miss the period of my life when I only ever wore astro turfs in case I needed to have a kickabout at a moment’s notice: school? hanging out at the park? going to someone’s birthday party? going to my cousin’s christening? better wear my astros - if necessary, with a pair of jeans/trousers.

I like to think I wasn’t too high maintenance as a child but I definitely cost my parents a fortune in shoes either through buying unsuitable ones like your Pires specials or just from outgrowing them instantly.

1 Like

Used to have quite the converse hi top collection back when it didn’t cost the same as a car to buy a pair. These were my favourites

comfortably winning the thread :slight_smile: great selection!

1 Like

In the mid 90s I had some green Dr. Martens 1461s…took a while to find some pics online of the right green, as most are the shiny brighter green. These were a soft leather, not quite suede but close. I was living in Texas at the time and my grandfather, on a visit from Belgium, really liked them so we took him to the store to get a pair of Docs. I think he got brown ones. That was a cool moment.

docs-green-1

1 Like

I also had some of these Oxford docs with a padded collar, apparently called 8053, but they were a grayish blue. Can’t find a pic so here are some brown ones. I really liked these, super comfortable, but I basically ruined them working at McDonald’s.

Had the classic black 1460s too, of course. Also took a beating at McDonald’s.

2 Likes

In 2005 I got these weird Adidas shoes for the gym. The internet tells me they’re called ClimaCool Revolution and I can’t find any better pics than these. Similar to the Agassi shoes I had in the late 80s, they were weird and I couldn’t get my mind off them. Super breathable, only problem is there were also vents on the bottom, center of the soles, so if I walked outside in the rain, it wasn’t good. Still wore them for a few years at the gym.

adidas-climacool-2005-revolution-1
adidas-climacool-revolution-2005-2

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they were these?

obvs have to imagine them a bit brighter

Adidas Galaxy 1998

1 Like