For Ant: An attempt to list everything I've ever personally fed a horse

I said in some other threads a couple of weeks ago (?) that I would do this so here we go. I won’t remember everything off the top of my head, so if you’re wondering whether I have ever fed a specific foodstuff to a horse, by all means go ahead and ask (you don’t need to be Ant to post questions or comments).

Here is the list of things that I can think of right now (not in chronological order):

• Fresh grass
  • Hay
  • Silage
  • Oat grains
  • Barley pellets
  • Pellets that contain mixed ingredients that are good for the horse (cncentrates)
  • Garlic powder
  • Yeast powder
  • Apples
  • Carrots
  • Pears
  • Fresh bread and dry bread
  • A banana with some yoghurt, once
  • Alfalfa
  • Molasses

That’s all I can think of right now.

Horse feeding anecdote: Growing up, my house was not too far from the stables (like a 15 min walk) and I would often ride past it on my way to other places. When riding alone or with friends, we’d frequently stop by the house as my whole family would collect dried pieces of bread, carrots and apples that were almost going off, etc. After a while, the horses became so used to this that whenever we rode past my row of houses, they’d tried to steer up to the house. Once when I was riding alone, I went by my house and my mum went in the kitchen to get a treat for the horse. For some reason I went in as well, maybe to get a drink or water or something, just leaving the horse outside for a minute on its own. My mum walked out into the hallway to see that the horse had put its front feet at the top of the 3 steps leading up to our door, and was all but ready to head into the house itself to find the treats it knew were coming. My mum has no idea how to handle horses, but called me and I managed to stop the horse (who was called Bernard) from going into our actual house.

@anon5266188

17 Likes

No polo mint? Sugar cubes?

lemon?

??

sitron

Possibly sugar cubes as a kid, but not that I can remember. Not good for their teeth, is it

Don’t see why anyone would try to feed a polo mint to a horse??

1 Like

I have not tried. Wonder if they’d even eat it tbh

remember that craze for giving lemons to babies? that’s what made me think of it

Beef jerky?

NO MEAT

It would be funny but I would feel very very bad

maybe they’d like it idk

Nope

this one doesn’t seem to give a fuck

2 Likes

Your horse ever done ketamine?

1 Like

Are you asking me if I’ve ever drugged a horse?

Doesn’t have to be from you I know a horse got people
But if you have let us know

am no a grass

9 Likes

more for you isi

I have not.

1 Like

Fresh ginger?

Nope