For my birthday this year 🍰

Generally when this has been brought up it has been a no, because not everyone is comfortable with the idea of the funds being used for purposes different to what people are aware of when donating.

It has been raised as a possibility that with the next fundraising raffle we might discuss if people want to agree before that a proportion of the proceeds might go to DiS.

5 Likes

Will donate when I’m paid! HB Sean!

2 Likes

God bless you Sean

2 Likes

I think it would maybe be more appropriate to have a separate DiS fundraising thing to the raffle though I’m not sure how to articulate why.

If that was something people are happy with, we could perhaps have it in Summer so that it’s well away from the raffle? Just throwing the idea out there, I’ve obviously not thought about it at length!

2 Likes

This is a good idea.
Music memorabilia/rarities auction perhaps?

3 Likes

Might start a thread to scope out ideas to see what people are most comfortable with and if there are any other ideas for if we split it into two separate fundraisers :+1:

2 Likes

That has potential, could get more music board regulars involved with that

2 Likes

Happy Birthtime to drowned in sounding @sean, 12 today! Happy Birthtime Shane! Beans on toast!

rk20bp0oobk01

3 Likes

Here’s the Facebook link. It would really help it cut through the algorithm if you could share it.

£300 will cover one month hosting for these forums.

Thank you for the kind messages and donations so far today.

2 Likes

Me too.
Happy birthday Sean, thank you so much for DiS. I fucking love it and it’s been a great source of camaraderie and support for many years now. x

5 Likes

Done. Love this place Sean. Thank you for never giving up.

2 Likes

Its tricky though. No DiS no hardship fund. But it has to be the general consensus if funds were ever going to be used to help the forum. I’d be happy. But yeah. Not straightforward…

1 Like

I seem to recall one of the issues being that many people who play the raffle also donate to the site regularly anyway and might prefer to keep it separate.

1 Like

Yeah I know. And that includes me. But I’d just hate for this place to go under.

2 Likes

Oh absolutely. I think a separate, summer-based fundraising thing might be a good idea. Gonna have a think.

1 Like

Good idea dude. I’m pretty sure theres no way we will let DIS go without a fight. We all love it too much.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who’s made a contribution. Apologies that I haven’t been able to personally thank you individually.

1 Like

HB SA. A worthy cause if ever there was one. Came for the Miss Black America downloads, stayed for the community. GBOL

1 Like