For the first time in my life I'm

6 of the 7 BA Concordes. The photographer was a pilot of a helicopter, (from where the picture was taken), was instructed that, in the unlikely event of crashing - he was to crash as far away from the Concordes as possible as this could wipe out the near entire fleet!

14203218_10210603675954056_3884462178676358606_n

4 Likes

I used to love Concorde as a kid (probably a generational thing).

I remember saving up tokens from the back of a cereal packet to get a poster of the beautiful bird. Delivery may take up to 28 days. Waited everyday for that poster, never came, then like 10 months later a cardboard tube arrived with it in.

Finally sat in one 18 months ago in a museum in Bristol, really fragile feel inside and small too.

I’m sure there was an evil Russian version too…

Looks like there’s one really sexy one and the others are sniffing it ls bum. ( Like dogs/cats)

4 Likes

Yeah seeing concord overhead was a really big deal.

1 Like

Yes. I can recall everyone being taken with it circa 1977 ish.

We used to look in the playground for it (in the sky) checking if any plane was Concorde, in reality it probably would have been the tiny ones you see way up.

2 Likes

I remember seeing a Vulcan bomber flying over our house when I was a kid. Got really confused as I thought it was Concorde but couldn’t work out why it was all camouflaged

1 Like

1 Like

Evil Russian take. Was a good card in Top Trumps though.

4 Likes

Not when you lived under the flight path and that cunt full of cunts would go over your head and you couldn’t hear Home and Away or whatever.

2 Likes

Apparently the nearest plane to me right now is over Shrewsbury, which is crazy quiet even for a Sunday given that Cardiff is right under one of the transatlantic corridors

used to see helicopters flying overhead every single day growing up in 90s NI.

these lads were a popular one

1 Like

Well I think it only came up north for special occasions.