For the love of god...How do I stop Spotify shuffling albums by default?!!!!!!

Thanks all! I think this might be an option by my children will leave home if I do… perhaps I should wait till they are 21 and it will then be a benefit?!

Having tried again I think the problem is the queue… I just need to stop using that.

I experience this frequently, and it’s very annoying.

• Premium account
  • Never use the queue except by accident
  • Often shuffle playlists, but always play albums from the album page by selecting the first track.

There just doesn’t seem to be any consistency. Sometimes it’ll stay in shuffle mode if I was shuffling a playlist right before, sometimes it’ll shut off the shuffle. I don’t always think to verify and it’s very frustrating after a few tracks (or more) to realize you’ve been shuffling against your wishes.

Yeah this was my experience. I’m pretty sure they even fixed it briefly in one version, just to break it along with a bunch of other stuff in the next.

1 Like

Do you connect to a device that automatically puts it in shuffle mode? Your account seems to remember this and will still play on shuffle when you next play on your phone or whatever. My car automatically puts spotify in repeat mode and it annoys the hell out of me when I forget to turn it off

The free version only playing in shuffle is impressively petty

4 Likes

Oh yes brother. My biggest gripe with Spotify. Such a pain.

The whole queue thing in Spotify is a total mess.

Free account lets you listen properly (but with ads) on desktop, but on mobile will only play on shuffle and even then it will shove in tracks by related artists in addition to the album you’ve clicked. And you can only press skip a certain number of times per hour.

I presume absolutely nobody uses it.