Forest Swords

Released last week, it’s rather marvellous. Very cut and paste and scrappy, lurches from genre to genre, a bit like his own stuff. Some real gems in there, and probably the weirdest DJ Kicks I’ve ever heard. Excited to spend more time with it.

3 Likes

Aye this is fantastic. Wonderfully strange in parts and sounds like he’s just smashed a load of stuff he loves together, which kind of makes a change from a lot of the more clinical DJK comps in the past. I always struggled with placing what his influences were because his albums are so unique sounding so this feels like a help.

DiS review manages to confuse The Orb with Orbital :rofl:

Honestly both bands must have had a fucking nightmare in the past with people getting them confused.

Apparently this is actually the first known instance of it ever happening surprisingly enough :thinking:

About a month late listening but fucking hell, his DJ Kicks is so good. Totally insane in places but I’ve discovered a tonne of good stuff from it. Noticed even DJ Mag gave it a 9/10 this month.

1 Like

Kind of incredible new ““visual”” for Crow from his DJ Kicks compilation. Banger

2 Likes

Can’t stop playing this - it sounded decent in the DJ Kicks mix but really works as a standalone track. His music really fits those sort of slow-mo Ghost In The Shell-esque dystopian visuals too.

1 Like

It’s very good, I love the video (why are people calling it ‘visual’ now?!). The sort of gloopy dancefloor sound is a great little shift in direction.

Very good new mix for Unsound festival. Hope we get an album this year.

2 Likes

Free (ticketed) show at The Southbank in that London next month…

2 Likes