Formed a band, released a cracking album, disbanded

Oooh oooh Glifted! I feel like they took shoegazey stuff to a relatively new place, or at least had a different angle on it rather than just aping the big’uns.

Union Kid
Lo-Fi punk from around 2000, one album and a couple of eps and singles. All collected here:

I Was A Cub Scout came up as a suggestion today on Spotify, had completely forgotten about them.
Not sure their album would quite rank as ‘cracking’, but it was pretty decent and the singles were awesome. Pink Squares the obvious stand out:

Potentially delete Late Of The Pier from this list

Loved this band but definitely preferred the singles over the album. Didn’t like the re-recorded version of Pink Squares; felt it lost that lo-fi appeal…

I love Exploding Hearts with all my heart. That album is beloved by so many of my friends. We even formed a cover band called The Guitar Romantics and played the album back to front for a load of gigs. Brilliant songwriting, so many great little hooks in there.

Ooh jakobinarina!!!

Cende :confused:

Does madvillian count as a “band” for the purpose of this thread?

This album has aged quite well… still does it for me anyway

Grammatics. I put their album on this morning for the first time in years, and my gf said “this sounds very Leeds c.2010” which isn’t a bad assessment tbf - lots of bands similar to them around that time. First half of the album still sounds pretty epic.

Big fan of Owen’s solo project, Department M

IWACS were a great live band. I booked them for a Smalltown America alldayer at 93 Feet East when we had the second stage in the little side room, they played in the crowd - drummer on one side of the room, keyboardist on the other. Were amazing.

gonna listen to this album right now - absolutely loved Grammatics. shame Dept M just sort of quietly went away.

still love that record

my old band opened on one of the dates on their tour with red light company (remember them?) about 10 years ago

emilia and dom were both lovely and their set was absolutely fantastic

Manic Street Preachers

Oh no, hang on…

Anyone remember White Rose Movement?

they seemed to support every single band i saw around 2005. i properly hated them

I forgot how much I hated them until I saw this.

Ha! Only saw them once and I can’t remember them at all really. Quite enjoyed the album though but oh well seem to be the only one :cry: