Formed a band, released a cracking album, disbanded

oh hey up, they made a second album

had no idea

…can I ask why? :smiley:

FRAUEN obvs :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve absolutely no idea!

1 Like

Think their only album was a compilation of singles and demos but I absolutely loved Nub.

a few sons of kyuss:

john garcia’s first post-kyuss band were one really good ep then done

his next band went one better and managed to release a full album before packing it in (there was a second album but don’t think it ever got an official release. it’s out there on t’internet though if such things interest you)

brant bjork and the guy who replaced him in kyuss teamed up for this one:

Just to keep on about Undergroove bands some more, Sika Redem’s album was very promising. The demos they did for the follow-up were shaping up nicely too.

1 Like

Used to work with their drummer, he’s an absolute gent.

Trumpets of Death are the greatest one-album-and-done band of all time if your qualifying criteria is English folk crossed with free jazz and doom rock. Brutal, brilliant band. @sean, think you were into their spin-off BODYWORK?

Clever Girl

Minor Threat only did one album (technically).

Delakota! One Love was really nice, indie band with samples that seemed so amazing around the 90s. Think one of them plays live with Muse nowadays.

2 Likes

Unicorns…

2 Likes

Orange Organics

2 Likes

Marine Research

1 Like

Volcano, I’m Still Excited!!

How have I just remembered Gospel?! Still got loads of time for their album. They released a stand-alone single which was great a few years later and apparently had made some double disc prog/hardcore odyssey but all that remains is a twenty minute live recording, which is also unsurprisingly great. Anyway, legitimately cracking band.

3 Likes

Weakling.

1 Like

Guys guys guys guys!

Has been bothering me for AGES that there’s one of these that I’d forgotten and it’s just come to me :

Let airplanes circle overhead

I know that traditional post rock has been in a downward spiral towards irrelevance in the last few years but this is still one of the gems up there with young team and the first two godspeed lps. So so so good.

1 Like

saw Colour 6 times in a year including 3 times in 5 days. the album was basically just all of their recorded songs released like it was a greatest hits

i don’t think Tangled Hair are anywhere near as good although i must admit i haven’t listened to them extensively

if you like twiddly guitar then tbh i’m sure you already know this

6 Likes