Found out anything good/interesting lately?

I recently learned that the T-Rex was more of a scavenger than a predator.

It makes sense: Its prey would see it coming from miles away. And you’d see the ripples in the glass of water etc

Really?

Didn’t know about this. Sorry for saying it.

Was mainly basing it on the emergence of hip-hop innit.

I really like disco.

1 Like

Who doesn’t?!

1 Like

This is precisely what I had in mind when I said “imagine the thinkpieces”.

Hip hop did not emerge because early artists thought “fucking hell disco is shit isn’t it?”

Early hip-hop is drenched in disco.

This article is a good read, but… what if those who wanted to hear rock music instead of disco music just wanted to hear rock music instead of disco music? What if the “obvious” subtext just isn’t there?

Actually, this line of thinking is a contender for the “things life’s too short for” thread.

2 Likes

they could have just, like, listened to rock music instead of disco music

Early hip-hop is very much a reaction against the shit watered-down funk that passed as mainstream disco.

Disco, like literally every other musical genre, had some very good stuff and some very bad stuff

3 Likes

They don’t come out particularly well from it, but in 1979, they couldn’t have just headed online to find like-minded people, and they couldn’t have just streamed the music they wanted to hear. I wasn’t alive at the time so I don’t know for sure what it was like, but perhaps you would feel a bit put out if your main source for music, the radio, consistently ignored the stuff you like in favour of stuff that just did nothing for you.

I suppose the modern equivalent is people getting in a flap because a black person is headlining Glastonbury

1 Like

How dead do you reckon you’d have to be inside to not enjoy, for example, this

1 Like

acorn trees are called oak trees

you’re welcome!

yeah found out about the rules of the river… power moves out of the way for wind and all that

I have a lot of questions about this sentence

and a rowing boat IS a power boat!

I dunno, sounds a bit far fetched