šŸ‡³šŸ‡± FRANCE v ARGENTINA šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¾

Donā€™t think I watched any of the 10am ones, but a match on early-afternoon was fantastic if you felt like sacking work off

1 Like

France are going to walk it unfortunately

Weekends Iā€™ll watch at any time except probably 10am but weekday anything other than 7pm can fuck off

if Argentina win, the Messi goat chat will finally be put to bed and we can talk about other things

• has to
  • lol no

0 voters

Allez Les Bleus!

1 Like

As with Russia 2018, feels wrong for the final to be played in the afternoon, rather than an evening under floodlights.

But then I suppose '86 wasnā€™t and thatā€™s remembered fondly enough.

Breaking news: Stunned officials say Lionel Messi will play the final in SHOES! ā€˜I would like to play the final in shoesā€™, he is reported to have said

10 Likes

Source?

The greatest player ever chat will never stop, but it would prove a full stop on the Messi v Ronaldo shite, and would feel like a natural handing over of the baton to other players, particularly MbappƩ, but to a lesser extent Foden, Haaland, Vinicius, Nkunku, the two twelve-year-olds at Barca nobody can tell apart.

2 Likes

Keysey

2 Likes

Looking forward to all the pundits wittering on about Southgate rather than analysing the game at half time.

Kick off is at 6 PM local time, and sunset there is at 4:47 PM so itā€™ll be pitch dark.

1 Like

thought this was King Africa for a moment.

Youā€™ve missed out ā€œmiggy almironā€

1 Like

Later matches being done by 9pm is very good imo, roll that out across the world without consulting anyone please Infantino.

3 Likes

Noticed the thread title needed a little touching up. No need to thank me.

respect the big ladā€™s commitment to fucking the threads up in a way

6 Likes

0-0

France on penalties.

Barry Ferguson on behalf of the Daily Record

5 Likes

Thinking back to that France 4-3 win over Argentina in the last World Cup. I reckon that was a better France, and a much worse Argentina. Donā€™t think they have another player capable of doing the job Kante did on Messi then, and this Argentina team gets much more out of him.

Reckon Franceā€™s line-up/approach is pretty predictable. Hopefully Upamecano plays ahead of Konate, cos he looked a disaster against England while Konate looked very solid against Croatia.

Absolutely no clue whether Argentina will go 5-3-2/4-3-3/4-4-2. Can make compelling cases for any, and theyā€™ve played all three formations to various degrees of success so far.

All about Franceā€™s right - every chance Messi (plus Alvarez and/or Di Maria) can exploit Lucas Hernandezā€™s defensive weaknesses and the space left behind Mbappe. But then from what Iā€™ve seen Nahuel Molina is nowhere near as sturdy as Walker/Hakimi so Mbappe could run riot if heā€™s left isolated. ]

Could be a thriller.