🆓 Free trial 🆓

Got any free trials on the go?

Any interesting stories involving free trials from your past?

Tell me more about those free trials you undertook.

1 Like

Currently on a YouTube Premium (4 months) & Google Stadia free trial (6 months).

Played stadia once, was fine.
Haven’t watched any YouTube videos yet though, but when I do, there will be no adverts. How about that?

Back when Lovefilm etc. first launched and there were tons of companies doing the mail-to-home free trial thing, I think I went month to month with about 12 different ones for a year. Then they all got bought out by Lovefilm and then Netflix happened. All true.

Think i’ve signed up for loads of free trials that are currently costing me a small fortune

5 Likes

dbpoweramp (for about the 90th time). Useful for the ol’ file format conversion, if you catch my drift.

1 Like

Picture of Drake not looking happy: Free trials where when you cancel them, the trial instantly ends
Picture of Drake looking happy: Free trials where when you cancel them, the trial keeps running until its end date.

4 Likes

hope you enjoyed my text meme

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever said no to anything as much as I’ve said no to Youtube Premium

11 Likes

HahahaHAHAHAhahah :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

I have no idea what you mean, sorry

1 Like

Got me a reminder the day before YouTube Premium ends where I will cancel it. Google are gonna be so mad.

1 Like

converting flac to aiff, mainly

1 Like

My free trial of Apple TV is running out soon, gonna cancel it but I guess I’ll have to pay when the next season of Ted Lasso comes out

1 Like

Does 3 months of Mubi for £1 count? Done that again.

The best thing about it is they take a direct debit for 3 months (33p, 33p, 34p). Charmingly inoffensive.

“oh i’ll just do it when i’ve finished this”

This being my life

1 Like

That’s fair. I’ve boldly set the reminder 1 day before the deadline. Starting to think I should set a different reminder for every hour of that day, to be certain.

It counts

1 Like

When lovefilm shut they didn’t ask for anyone who currently had discs to return them, so I got Moonlight and something else on blu-ray forever out of it. So that’s maybe £15 back.

1 Like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ClutteredThatDromaeosaur-max-1mb.gif

2 Likes

Used to rinse Amazon Prime by using the ‘alias’ thing on Hotmail where you just add a ‘+whatever’ in your email address and Amazon would think its a new email address. So I’d sign up for the trial, immediately cancel, then when the trial expired do it again with another alias of my email address.

I’m due in court next Tuesday.

3 Likes

Currently paying full whack for:

Spotify Premium
YouTube Premium
Amazon Prime

Am I tough enuss? Hell yes I’m tough enough

4 Likes