🆓 Free trial 🆓

Just started a 6 month free trial of Apple Music that came with the headphones I got for Christmas

1 Like

Was right put out that NowTV don’t do free trials at all any more, used to have constant free trials a few years ago. Wanted to watch the Hogfather over Christmas but I tell you now I do NOT want to pay.

A friend was closing his lovelfilm account, which for some reason had to be done by calling customer services. ‘You’re moving to netflix aren’t you’ the rep solemnly said to him.

2 Likes

god bless the audible free trial. yes i will have the partridge book for free, yes you can give me another free audiobook to convince me to stay, yes i will cancel immediately anyway. see you in 12 months to do it all over again

2 Likes

I worked in a bank call centre in what probably wasn’t the early days of Lovefilm, but definitely before most people I knew had heard of it. Quite a few times we’d have people calling up to cancel payments to them and we always thought this lovefilm dot com was some kind of adult site.

2 Likes

Cheeky bastards, are NowTV. I’m paying for it and I still have to watch an unskippable advert before the episode I’m watching starts.

And it’s not even the McDonalds one with the lady I had a crush on (neither in spite of nor indeed because of the fact that she had a well-stocked archive of sauce sachets) anymore

1 Like

My year long Apple TV free trial is nearly over. I have watched a total of one episode of Ted Lasso in that time.

1 Like

I’ve pretty much gamed my self-control for the Audible one. I went on a blow out and got loads of really dry, really long non-fiction audiobooks that - yes, I am interested in - but that - no, I will probably never finish. So I’ll never have any motivation to buy more audiobooks cause my backlog is so full (also I seem to find audiobooks harder than normal reading, attention-wise).

Also gives me a healthy awareness of my own mortality

Watch HOME before it goes!

Link to the ad, please.

such a well-tended drawer full of sachets

Did a bit of mucking about on Ancestry with my Dad over Christmas, it was fun

Britbox.
I’m not proud of it but I wanted to watch footballer’s wives.

1 Like

Google stadia cause I’m currently without console.

It works well on my TV but the game selection is kind of pathetic. Will cancel

Thanks. We are on the same page.

Ps if you like using trials use revolut (app) and keep on creating 1 time use debit cards so you never forget to cancel your subscription!

It gets validated and destroyed immediately

1 Like

I’ve somehow ended up with 6 months free delivery for groceries from when I signed up, no idea how but it’s beautiful. A trial of sorts, yeah??

An anecdote that’s not about free trials but about sachets:

When I was in uni, one of my housemates was very thrifty and also loved all sorts of condiments. She would always get a couple extra in her bag when we were at a cafe or pub or something. For her birthday one year, me and another friend collected extra condiment sachets for weeks and got her a box full of them for her birthday. Ho estly the happiest I’ve ever seen her.

5 Likes

Take it to the condiment board

3 Likes

I might just change this to the condiments board, how do you like that!?

1 Like