French Open 2021 🎾

For someone who’s never won a Grand Slam, the third set’s always the hardest to win. I’m reminded of Thiem being 2-1 up in the 2020 Australian Open.

Tsitsipas has dipped a little, but Djokovic’s level has gone up. Stef still playing well though, he’s in this and needs to remind himself the great position he’s in. Although maybe that game at 2-1 was the match :grimacing:

This is a given. It’s why he comes back from these situations so often, and it’s why you can’t allow it to happen if you want to win.

Can’t help feeling that both players are a bit fucked up physically now.

Right come on Stef. Mean business here.

Man that was horrible. Not sure if there’s even a way back from this already.

Urgh. Horrendous game

In fairness, if you’d asked me yesterday, this is the how I’d have said I expected the match to go today, with Djokovic just overpowering Tsitsipas. So credit to him for holding his end up for two sets I guess.

Still think he can win in 5. Number of times you see players coming back from 2 sets down and then the momentum swinging back in the 5th

Yeah Nole has definitely had some wobbles in this match. Hence why I think it’s so important for Stef to not allow him to get relaxed.

If he loses this game though I think he should tank the set.

2 Likes

What did Andy Murray say to himself in the mirror when Novak was coming back after him in US Open 2012?

With hindsight, that win looks more and more impressive by the year.

I can’t imagine how demoralising it must be to see your best shots coming right back at you again immediately. I hate to say it, but Djokovic’s capacity to do that so often is remarkable.

1 Like

Not to mention the last game of the 2013 Wimbledon final.

1 Like

Get some Haribo to that court, pronto!

1 Like

My running coach used to swear by jelly babies, seemed to work and all

1 Like

Can’t be dealing with all these octogenarian-demographic ads on ITV3 right now…

Never knew there were so many ways to plan a funeral.

1 Like

Just noticed that Konta has won in Nottingham. Can we look forward to another plucky, but ultimately doomed run to the semis at Wimbledon!

I put Konta in the same box as someone like Svitolina or Mertens, she’s got a decent level that won’t get her past the very best

It was kind of tongue in cheek. I think her time has been and gone somewhat.

1 Like

Just hold serve Stef ffs!