Friday 13th ♠️

Morning all.
Leaving work at 12 to travel up to Leeds for a work jolly; looking forward to it - bit of a rarity.
What you got?

What’s the spade got to do with Friday 13th?

Pretty sad there isn’t a hockey mask Emoji. We need to get on at them for that for horror stuff, eh @whiterussian?

1 Like

:neutral_face:

1 Like

The death card, eh? Nice (or not)

Diamond, Spade, Death

Off the the Pile o’shite this evening.

Work first. Cba obv

I’m working until 9 tonight :frowning:
I’m not rushing in, I need to take Gizmo to the vets this morning, so I’ll take my time going in after.

1 Like

Looking at learning to drive now I’m in the country that invented a Mad Max dystopian future.

There’s an online test you have to take before you can get a learner’s licence so I thought I’d go through it and see how I did. Not too bad but this question:

And here’s the bit I can find in Chapter 2 mentioning this

So exactly why am I wrong? :thinking:

(Also, thanks to Revisionist History about the supposed ‘stuck accelerator’ issue I feel like it’s remiss not to state categorically that you should remove your feet from the accelerator.)

edit I would have picked both the first two but figured there was more chance of applying the handbrake resulting in a skid. The book says ‘carefully’ so maybe the test is just wrong?

It says carefully pull the handbrake not “quickly”.

I do know about pumping the brakes, but in an emergency I’d undoubtedly panic and end up doing a handbrake turn or something.

1 Like

Oh you’re right.

I put handbrake and I thought I put pump the breaks. That makes more sense.

Cheers man.

Nah, I mean it’s my fault actually reading that image of what I put. I was sure I clicked the lower one which is why I even bothered to look in the book the understand why pumping the breaks first wasn’t the right answer! I must have had a brain whack out.

I actually got 28 or 32 without studying first including at least two Melbourne-specific nutty ones so that’s a start.

Can you guess
Oh I bet you can
Really pretty easy
But I might as well tell you
Yes I’m going to CORBY :star_struck:

5 Likes

I too am working until 9 :slightly_frowning_face:

Currently have a baby sleeping on me, I’m trying to trim her nails and we’re all listening to low.

PRESSING engagement?

3 Likes

Oh look it’s Mr GobackintimeaweekandstealMartyFunkhousersjoke!

2 Likes

nice!

1 Like

Corby trouser press jokes are for everyone.

well I’m sure yours was nice last week too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fucking hippy.

2 Likes

going to play some penoid card games, @Epimer would be proud

2 Likes

cool, I’ve never been to a festival.

Anybody fun playing?