Friday 5th October. New Album Releases

The band I’m playing in now put out their debut EP today (I joined after recording) gruff/posi pop punk in vein of Iron Chic and Letterman and that

oh shit

1 Like

Now playing Matt Berry’s Television Themes album… lets see how well this goes down theses mid western teenagers

came out earlier in the week actually but the new Arvo Party is another great electronic gem (former bassist in LaFaro but this is very different obv)

1 Like

If you would have said in 2003 , “hey ,I think these Electric Six guys are going to have at least 14 albums” People would have thought you were out your frickin mind!

2 Likes

Thank you @Twinkletoes (Thomas Ragsdale), @stickboy (Gregory Alan Isokov), @infinite_jest (Your Future Self, ummm?), and @KeyParty (Alexandra Streliski) - lots of new sounds that sound good on first initial listens! Will listen more.

The Phosphorescent album is very good also. Will have plenty of listens to that I think.

One other album I am revisiting is Risa Rubin. It was released on her bandcamp in August, but looks like it got a proper release in other digital places yesterday. Joanna Newsom Milk-Eyed Mender style harp and ‘singing’:

3 Likes

It’s a wonderful record. If it’s true that Matador refused to release it because they thought it was awful somewhere there has cloth ears.

Her best record since You Are Free.

3 Likes

Word :+1:

New Ghostface album is great - properly old school.

Agree it’s her best since You Are Free, and a grower too. Enjoying it more with each listen. Black is one of the best things she’s done imo.

1 Like

is it any good

Really liking the Swearin’ album but not a fan of the production. Just not very comfortable to listen to, some of the guitars are so boxy and middy blerg. Doesn’t feel like there’s much separation, everything is at the same volume and frequency.

Apologies if this is in another thread, but Black Peaks’ new album All That Divides also came out on 5th Oct. If you’re not familiar with them imagine a Tool/Mastodon sort of thing with slight post-hardcore leanings. Exceedingly good for a second album.

Didn’t even notice that had come out, that’ll certainly be worth a spin.

Not had a chance to listen yet, buy it looks like Haley Heynderickx snuck out a new joint EP thing on Friday:

The lead single from this was great

1 Like

I’m really enjoying this too, I can’t say the production has jarred with me too much so far, but still to listen to on decent headphones. Quite enjoy the way they swap vocal duties for alternating songs.

1 Like

Just wanted to join in with the Cat Power love. Wasn’t sure if I was that bothered by her anymore, but after just the one listen I think it’s absolutely wonderful.

2 Likes

A rare album where I’ve just been playing on repeat. It’s wonderful.

2 Likes