Friday Airport thread

Morning all!

I went to bed early last night but I’ve woken up tired still.

My morning should be quite straightforward and will hopefully involve signing as many of my Friday class off as possible.

I’m making a bean chilli and Wor Lass is making cornbread dumplings for tea.

1 Like

should do quite a bit of work today, think i actually might achieve it

maybe dis-adjacent drinks after the working is done

two gigs this weekend so that’s nice to look forwards to

currently being annoyed by my younger self’s inability to save/open an ISA/do anything finacially responsible

I’m up and out of the house. Unthinkable.

1 Like

I’m not in an airport, sadly.

The mate I was supposed to be meeting for a pint this evening has tested positive for Covid, so that’s out the window. Dunno whether to stay in or just go to the local for a couple. We’ll see.

Woke up to a dog vomit, then a man in the front garden cleaning the windows that I wasn’t expecting, also a bit ill. Good start to the day.

2 Likes

Gonna get a massage

2 Likes

fav place or new place

New. First one in about 5 years, wish i could afford to get them regularly

1 Like

You are impossibly right about Luton

Once asked where they sold aftershave:

“We dont, the people round here would try and drink it”

3 Likes

i’ve been indulging myself with them far too often since lockdown after discovering how much i like them (at great personal cost ofc)

but yeah if i suddenly became much richer then id be getting them at least weekly

1 Like

Up the local hills

And let me tell you it is fucking windy up here.

Might stop for a bacon sarnie at the cafe on the way down.

6 Likes

I find these kinds of things nerve-wracking, but it’s always been fine. Like you say, the little one will keep things upbeat. Good luck!

1 Like

Off to the north west film archive pods in the library, always forget how great it is there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Not the greatest pic but five pheasants just flew into the garden :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Morning all,

Rough night sleep. Teething baby, been on and off for a couple of months now and shes still not cut any teeth. :grimacing:

Took Mr s_w to the train station over at Stafford this morning (hes working our car club stand at the NEC) so got a Mc D breakfast on the way. Now at home having more coffee while mini naps on me.

Got waterbabies later then ill return to train station about teatime.

Tonight will be horror movie and takeaway. Maybe some prosecco i got for my birthday cause Friday.

Hi

Julia Jacklin was great last night, but annoying that I was feeling a bit lonely and I only realised after a couple of mates were there

Just gotta get through work - no plans for the evening yet

Can’t wait to go home and read my book

Alright?

I did the same, loads of people i knew were at the gig i was at but i had no idea but i got chatting to a guy stood next to me and i said what area i lived in and he was like “i lived there in the 90s at [name of my flats]” so i told him i lived there and he was like “no way, i lived at number redacted” and it was my flat! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

6 Likes

Woah

1 Like