Friday and that 17/5

Morning! First day back at work for me since Sunday and I’m really not looking forward to it, there’s a high chance everything in the shop will have moved or been replaced in the 4 days I’ve had off. Sunny here though again and we’re going for a nice walk this evening so it’s not all bad. How are your Fridays shaping up?

Morning Funkopop.

No real plans today. Work, then I might go out after work or I might not.

Will listen to the new Carly Rae Jepsen, I know that much.

Feel completely drained of energy. Gonna cancel some meetings.

Going to give it a go on the way to work in a minute :smiley:

Hey Mr FunkHouse, Mr Juke, Mr Warn and @etc.

Quiet day. Mrs Z was discharged this morning, so taxi back to the hotel and settle in. Watched Bohemian Rhapsody (hell of a performance by Rami Malek) and played some FM. Start work in about half an hour, so got some noodles (sans soup this time) being delivered to the room.

3 Likes

Hope Mrs Z is ok pal.

Gooooooood morning DiS.

Haven’t posted in a daily thread in a while. Hope that you’re all well.

I ate too much garlic last night. It is seeping out of every pore. I smell delightful.

3 Likes

Yeah, doing good thanks. Recovering really well.

7 Likes

Does anyone have experience of traveling to Fiji as a national of a non-visa exempt country?

Morning. Need to organise a trip to Vanuatu :cold_sweat:

Last day in work today, so it’ll either be completely dead or completely mental

Got in to a really obnoxious email from someone in another department, in response to a query about a project they are running, that starts “as you will know, this is actually outsourced blah blah”. Well no, clearly I didn’t know that, or I wouldn’t have asked, would I? Believe it or not your project is not at the forefront of everyone’s mind in an organisation of thousands. Urgh. Not sure how it’s possible for three words, that aren’t in and of themselves offensive, to piss me off this much.

Had a pecan plait for breakfast though which has dialled my annoyance back a bit.

4 Likes

Really can’t be arsed.
Running 30 minutes late for work because of trains. Have a bit of a hangover and am just pissed off.

At least I can leave at 2

Do I!

No

1 Like

Yeah stuff like that is sometimes I think cause people struggle to word emails

14 Likes

Morning!

Am conducting job interviews today. Always a fun job for a Friday. Got leftover Thai green curry for tea though, so that’s something to look forward to :slight_smile:

Got a hell of an earworm at the moment. Specifically the “dah dah dadada dah” bit

Just had a conference call with our office in Australia. Absolute GBOLs over there.

Today’s plan -

Get through the morning
Go and buy the new National album
‘Work from home’
Listen to the new National album
Listen to the new Carley Rae Jepsen album
Go and see WH Lung

Pretty pretty good.

2 Likes

I’d buy this album

1 Like

as if The National have a song called ‘Rylan’