Friday and weekend football thread

It annoyed me that Walcott was involved in that good goal. I don’t think there is a player in world football I hate more than Theo Walcott.

1 Like

I’d be ridiculously happy with the playoffs, had no expectations whatsoever going into this season
(I really hope Boro don’t though, they’re Northern, boring and spend too much)

You’ll get the playoffs. Say what you like about Colin Wanker but he’s good at finishing in and around the playoff places.

Forgot about that!

Settle a row for me. In the world-renowned playground football game Headers and Volleys…

• Any kind of header is allowed
  • Got to be a ‘volleyed’ header (no bounce before)

0 voters

• Half-volley’s allowed
  • Half-volley’s not allowed

0 voters

half volleys verbally acknowledged but not counted

1 Like

nah. half volley…straight into goal

Did everyone else play with the rule that conceding 3 whilst in goal would result in Dog’s Arse where you have to stand with your back facing everyone and the rest of the participants would line up to twat it at your arse full-pelt from point blank range?

Also, whoever missed the third effort on goal would then have to be GK until three more chances had been spurned (agoal resets the chance counter obviously)?

5 Likes

thoughts on set and volley? like chest control, then boom! [poll type=regular public=true]

• fine and dandy
  • straight into net, son!
    [/poll]

That would happen with us if you just hadn’t scored any for an unspecific amount of time

No self-assists!

way to poll, no poll

4 Likes

That seems open to abuse (as was our system in fairness, regularly was engineered so certain lads would get Dog’s Arse and then participants would appear from all corners to get involved regardless of if they were actually playing)

Ours would usually be triggered by a terrible miss/miscontrol but yes open to abuse as was our want

1 Like

clarification on when you go into net?

missed shot
ball crosses line
keeper catches ball
?

All of the above but woodwork saves

2 Likes

That was a different game.

The Arse kicking variant was called tan yer arse, headers and volleys was more Co op /friendly but with an individual points system for some reason?

From memory - volley, 1point,. Header 2points, spectacular 5 points.

1 Like

Distinctly remember us playing a game merely called Wembley, but can’t for the life of me remember how it went.

2 Likes

Wembley doubles - Two lads team up against several other teams of two, one goalkeeper, first to a pre-arranged amount of goals wins

Wembley singles - As above but with individuals instead of teams of two

14 Likes