Friday and weekend football thread

Seen better defending than that at a DiS game

1 Like

No you haven’t

5 Likes

Ever started watching a game on telly but finished watching it at the ground?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Think you need to expand on this @profk

I think the question was clear enough no?

I just meant, what was the situation and why?

Oh! Yeah, quite a few times (always in Spain, mind) we’ve realised that either celta or depor are playing and have popped down to the stadium to see the rest of it. So cheap that it’s worth it.

Also happened in Sevilla when me and some people from my college realised the stadium wasn’t too far away from the bar we were watching the derby in and managed to get in for the second half.

1 Like

Just seen the replay of the fourth Spurs goal. Fuck me.

You’ve got a pint to finish

3 Likes

Wasn’t counting this but we caught the players walking out to the pitch on telly in a pub when me and my dad were finishing off our pre match burgers a year or so ago.

Watched quite a few second halves in the pub when it’s been cold too

1 Like

Makes perfect sense. Just as a Chelsea fan i thought you were taking decadence to extremes…

Never missed the start of a game live, occasionally missed the start of a second half sinking a half-time beer, never left before full-time

The pub burger one was Chelsea West Brom.

Me and my dad just fucking love burgers.

2 Likes

not saying that we deserve to be level cause we dont, but thats 3 ridiculous saves by loris now. mental how much of a difference a world class keeper can make.

Would’ve ordered dessert

5 Likes

Was very impressed with the half time catering at craven cottage tbh.

Only one you wouldn’t definitely expect any goalie to save was the Coutinho one tbh, Salah one just then was weak and straight at him

Spin-off question: what’s the earliest you’ve left a game?

• 1st Half
  • Half-Time
  • 45-60 minutes
  • 60-90 minutes
  • 2nd half stoppage time
  • Never until that last whistle is blown

0 voters

dunno, it was near post, but came at him quick and he had to adjust. might be overstating the importance because of all the stupid mistakes our defenders and keeper keep making.