Friday and weekend football thread

Probably around 70 minutes. Was aldershot against some other shit team. Me and my m9 just both had this simultaneous feeling we’d both rather be somewhere completely different (the pub)

One of my dad’s Man City-supporting friends left when they were 2-1 down to QPR in 2012…

4 Likes

Yeah definitely in comparison to Mignolet tbf

Fucking hell, that’s a huge stroke of luck for whoever’s got Spurs next weekend…

1 Like

Not like we’re gonna get out of our own half for 90 minutes anyway

Used to go to Ewood Park when I visited my grandparents up there. My grandad was a lifetime season ticket holder and would take me and my dad on his car. Would always make us leave on 80 minutes, purely so he go home and catch the classified results for his pools coupon.

Went to see Blackburn Vs Wham. The KO was delayed by half an hour because of crowd trouble. He made us leave on 50 minutes. Fucking prick.

Another time, maybe against Everton, or maybe Wham again, we left on 80 minutes and Blackburn were trailing 3-2. By the time we left the stadium, Blackburn were 4-3 up and we missed both goals. Fucking prick.

whats frustrating is that he isnt a bad keeper when it comes to any of his assessable skills, he’s got good distribution, good shot-stopper, he’s got a lot stronger at punching and claiming crosses. you just know that at least once a match he’ll inexplicably do something really stupid for no reason.

61 minutes.

When City got pumped by Leicester during their title year.

Was back in town in a warm boozer before the full-time whistle went.

Having to get the train back from a Wrexham away game on a week night. Usually stay til the bitter end other than for transport reasons, tbh.

About 20 minutes in a champions league group game. It was a dead rubber, fucking freezing and I’d left my mates in town while having a good night. Went back to town and had a cracking night

Not his M.O in home games, and their level on points with spurs and will go 7 points off of city with a draw. Reckon they’ll try to win it

Left at half-time between Brentford and Eastleigh in the FA Cup back in January. Was in the away end, 4-0 (4-1?) down at the break and the crowd was absolutely rammed in, bars closed and half-full of little twats with flares and generally being oiks. Fucked it off and went to a pub to watch whatever was on Sky at the time and have a pint in peace

Yeah i think it’s true what people always say about making the move from relegation scrappers like Sunderland where you are constantly in action to a club like Liverpool where you might have nothing to do for 10 mins then suddenly be needed. But also really, you’re a professional footballer, how hard is it to not flap at a fucking cross. In conclusion, idk?

1 Like

The problem with George Michael and Andrew Ridgely is that they always try to walk it in.

4 Likes

Utrecht? No I got the bus home.

10 Likes

Couldn’t watch the Huddersfield game as I was clay pigeon shooting in the Brecon Beacons. Don’t think I’ll rush to check the highlights.

In other football news I saw Josh Onomah in a service station today. Wearing a spurs jacket, oddly.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is that what they do in Wales instead of hockey?

Left on 80 minutes once because the corporate wanker we cadged the tickets off of wouldn’t stop whinging about the traffic. Told him it made zero difference whether you left 10 mins before the end or not, but would he listen.

Every other game it’s been at the last whistle. Don’t get to go to the footie often enough to do owt else.

Don’t tar us with that brush for gods sake

2 Likes