Friday Evening thread

Pub, Pizza, Bed :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

We were having a discussion about dating profile clichés in work today. Might link my colleague to this thread on Monday.

You and I are having very similar evenings

1 Like

Am back to the 90s bangers. I’ve gone from Killing In The Name to My Destiny to The Rockafeller Skank, and now I’m on The Shoop Shoop Song. It’s been quite the journey.

1 Like

I didnt know what to say so I got my fictional best friend to write this lol:

He’s selfish, immature and…

etc

1 Like

No one asked, however I’m eating a hoisin mushroom stir fry thing with spring greens and peanut and sesame rice. It’s fine/10. Don’t have exciting plans except maybe going home to pick up my blender and a trip to decathlon/Ikea.

Evenin laelfs, how straight forward was it for you to get a visa for China?

I was gonna ask so thanks for saving me some time

Ahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Really like decathlon

1 Like

Do you have a letter of invitation? You need one.
You’ll need to book an appointment at the Chinese visa place in Edinburgh. (NOT the embassy)
There’s a fairly complicated form to fill out before you go and you need some passport photos.
Costs about £150 (or at least mine did cause I had to fast track it).
You can then either pick it up several days later or have it posted to you I think.
All in all you’ll need about two weeks to arrange it all.
I can answer more specifics if you need it. Also I think you can pay a private company to arrange it all for you.

1 Like

I’m going on a work visa as well. Tuck me I nearly kicked the fuck out of my computer today.

I don’t have two weeks. :grimacing:

Have just got my letter of invitation and most of it’s filled in. Should get an appointment on wed.

Man what a hassle. Flights are booked. That being said if worst comes to the worst I get to hang out in Hong Kong as I don’t need a visa for there apparently.

Yeah so I had a massive stress because I realised that a letter of invitation was not actually the equivalent of a visa :grimacing: with a week to go on the Monday, got an appointment for the Wednesday, fast tracked it and picked it up in person on the Friday. I think this was the fastest it was possible to do it in and I was massively nervous. Be very careful you don’t get the forms wrong cause they’ll just send you away. Also try not to look too dodgy :wink:

1 Like

Aye I hear the forms need to be perfect.
I’m fairly respectable looking…:thinking:

On my way to Amsterdam to do a comedy show then heading straight back to Nutmegen for a close friend’s leaving party. Gutted he’s going tbh, but that’s life.

Don’t turn up pissed is what I meant :smiley:

By the way, make sure you take some currency because although you’ll be able to take cash out at atms you won’t be able to use your credit card to pay for things. Also download a vpn before you go (Express works well) otherwise you won’t get google, Facebook, Twitter, bbc etc out there)

1 Like

Four shirt buttons undone, bottle of wine clutched in hand

7 Likes

Great name.

1 Like

I’m not always pissed…:thinking:

Oh thanks, good tips.

But can you get DiS out there?! :grinning::wink:

Not a real name, but I have made it easier for British people to pronounce