Friday evening thread

Misty has a new coat too!

She looks like she’s about to be roasted in the oven

22 Likes

War, maybe

Oooh, recipe please!

Just had a bash at making something having got a fair few interesting boozes for Xmas.
Aperol
Elderflower liquor
Vodka
Bitters
Organge juice
Topped up with soda water

Actually pretty drinkable…

4 Likes

I was just thinking “oo they’ve wrapped Misty in tinfoil, festive!” :laughing:

4 Likes

Work in progress on measurements, but something like:

45ml bourbon
30ml ginger wine
22.5ml honey syrup
22.5ml lemon juice
Ginger bitters (but normal Ango would work)
Shake, serve on ice

(1.5/1/0.75/0.75oz if measuring that way)

Basically a Whisky Mac/Gold Rush hybrid I invented while deadly sick and needing something lemon-honey for medical reasons, and booze for happiness reasons

4 Likes

4 Likes

Ooo what’s this?

Mmm

Roasted misty

4 Likes

What’s your bourbon of choice for making cocktails?

A negroni. Sbagliato. With prosecco in it.

2 Likes

Mamma Mia!

1 Like

Think I overdid the JAMuary today. 1 wine into my evening & I feel half …or maybe even three quarters… dead

Using a Wild Turkey 101 here - good price and 50%, so pretty punchy to balance against all the other flavours. Four Roses Small Batch has also been good for price, being very smooth, and 45% - and also nicer for drinking neat imho as a bonus

I have a bad habit of just using very pricey nice sipping bourbons though and getting through them far too quickly :smiley:

1 Like

Hehe know what you mean. About to attempt a whiskey sour here for the first time but I’ll be using an Irish or Scotch as I’ve so many bottles it felt silly to buy another.

1 Like

been trying to finish sorting out tidying + throwing stuff out

part of the clutter is a pair of mudguards that I bought for my old bike. had put off trying them on my new one for ages because if there are potential difficult obstacles in sorting anything out, I shut down and put the thing off forever

somehow managed to make myself have a look at this, and they actually fit!

it’s snug, though, and I have next-to-no room to do stuff like this

also I can only attempt this stuff at certain times because of other living situation-related paralysing anxiety

had to abandon finishing the job. somewhere underneath the frustration, I felt a small amount of relief

1 Like

Homemade tiramisu

11 Likes

Evening

Been out for a Local Indian. Place we’ve never been before and it was really nice, a few things on the menu I liked the look of so will be going back there soon I think.

Just had some cake and watching football.

4 Likes

Went to town today as someone i know from my tours had a surprise for me. Four prints (by an artist i don’t like but is fairly collectable). Anyway, took the chance to go into Lidl so I’m now munching Mister Chocs instead of dinner and smashing some goblins on the switch.

4 Likes

I’m happy to buy them in but Wor Lass loves a recipe which involves getting her hands dirty so will often insist on making the burgers herself.

They’re much better than the supermarket ones but so much more washing up.

1 Like

Evening!

Took 4 kids (two of mine, two of their pals) to a NT place all day, nice but sodding freezing. Then managed to sneak in a cheeky pub dinner with the missus, as pleasant as it was impromptu.

Now watching Sarries Gloucester in the egg chasing and thinking i need to be in bed. Two days in a row where I’ve been outside in the cold all day, and then feel super exhausted when i warm up.