Friday: I have no original title ideas

Morning DiS!

WFH today, so a nice easy start to the weekend. Lewes Psych Fest tonight. Hopefully I won’t get drunk and miss the train home.

it’s mostly family stuff this weekend. I’m on solo parenting duty all tomorrow afternoon / evening, and then sunday we’re having lunch at our local with my brother (who in the last five years has only visited Brighton once and didn’t see us when he came down, despite the fact that he was picking up a rescue cat from some friends of ours - when we told Jimbo he said “who’s uncle Graham?”)

Ah buddy this sounds like a really rubbish Friday.

Hope this doesn’t come off as trite by way of comparison but I have a song called Flashing Lights coming out on an EP later this year inspired by you. The drums on it were built around that melody you put together when we were all messing around with that online music maker last year. Not nabbed any of your melody (not because I didn’t like it!) but you’ll hear the rhythm of it in the percussion.

https://soundcloud.com/stevehadfield/2-flashing-lights/s-IRpkh

9 Likes

Must be pressing!!!

1 Like

Sorry you’re having a rubbish time! Hope things improve soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

TV told me one of her friends is coming over next Wednesday for tea. Fine, we get on well
“Btw, she’s cooking”
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE

3 Likes

jag:

Going to bump this month’s thread now.

4 Likes

What if she uses the saucepans wrong

I can really hear it in there, you’ve made excellent use of it! :heart_eyes:

I love the whole track, the bit where the piano drops in is reminding me very strongly of something but I can’t quite place it. Everything sounds so pretty but is all nicely skewed around making all these interesting spaces within the song.

This has made my day so much better, thanks xxx

6 Likes

Me (5am): Urgh. Been awake since half-three. Need to get some sleep.
Brain: Shall we just have a quick flick through the ‘Times You Made a Tit of Yourself’ mental showreel?
Me: No.
Brain: Maybe we can just do ‘The High School Years’ volume?
Me: Any chance of the ‘Times I Was Truly Happy’ showreel?
Brain: ERROR!!! HTTP ERROR 404!!! FILE NOT FOUND!!!
Me: It’s going to be one of those ‘all the coffee’ kinda days, huh?
Brain: (starts ‘Tit on Holidays Abroad’ showreel)
Me: (gets up)

8 Likes

exactly

I’m actually quite tense on your behalf

Just peeled my easy peeler in a oner. That’s as good as my day will get

10 Likes

Clue’s in the name

Awwww thanks :slight_smile:

I basically mapped a different percussive instrument to each note of the keyboard corresponding to your melody and used that as my starting point.

The last two gigs I’ve played I’ve had folks come up after and say my piano parts reminded them of Jean-Michel Jarre (who I’ve still never knowingly heard…) so it could be him!

1 Like

Still can’t place it, thought it might be this but it wasn’t, but still reckon you’d be into the song potentially so here you go:

I have ordered “meat free pizza salad” from the canteen for lunch. Milk is not in the allergens list.

• This will be correct, despite that time you asked which options were dairy free and they told you the Red Leicester quiche
  • This will definitely, definitely contain cheese

0 voters

Never knowingly heard JMJ either!

1 Like

When I lived in the bedsit I’d ask friends if I could go over to theirs to cook them dinner. They all seemed happy about it.

Means they’re easy to peel. They ain’t called an in one peeler are they?

Blows raspberry steady

1 Like

Oh no, hopefully it will turn up!