Friday lunch thread

Didn’t have any bread to make a sandwich so now I have to buy lunch oh no boo hoo so WHAT AM I GOING TO GET?

• falafel wrap
  • veggie burger w/ peanut butter and chili on it (‘Malaysian’, apparently)
  • some type of depressing meal deal
  • something else you’d like to recommend

and what are YOU doing for lunch? Lunch chat here.

Chip Butty
Potato Scallop
Can of D&B

£2.50

FTFY

Cheese and ham toasted sandwich, a berry, kale, spinach, chia seed smoothie and three chocolate cookies (whoops).

forgot to bring in my lunch (again) so the world is my lobster

cafe near my work does a decent stew for £3 with some nice bread. had it yesterday but it’s still the front runner. kinda want a burrito but they feel like such a rip off.

Trying to decide whether to get some lunch out (most probably Itsu or the falafel van) or make a cheesey omelette. I’d make a fish finger buttie if we had bread but alas

Had a makeshift burrito from some failed bolognese and wraps. Pretty successful sum considering the parts.

Going to the pub for a colleague’s leaving lunch. Going to have the greasiest thing on the menu to soak up the rest of the hangover.

had beans and veggie sausages on a bagel

leftover bolognese sandwich is an absolute classic

Baked potato with tuna and sweetcorn
Cheeky bit of mushy peas on the side
Three (3) pickled onions
£free

Chicken burger with cheese, fancy tomato sauce, onion rings, macaroni cheese(!) and a token bit of lettuce.

3 cheese toastie with a side of rocket and red onion

I got some gyoza from Itsu and a salad from Pod

Ended up going to a sort of upmarket greasy spoon and getting a large veggie breakfast. Probably a mistake as it was £7 and I had all of the ingredients a 10 minute walk away at home (excl. hash browns I guess and they were pretty good). Hmm.

It barely counted as a bolognese to be honest - the tomatoes were a bit bitter so thought I’d add some honey like I’ve seen Tom Kerridge and Gordo Ramsey on the telly. Only there was no honey left so I used golden syrup and I used more than the tiny bit they tell you to. Had to stir in some chilli flakes to counteract the sweetness.

sorry for neglecting this thread but I have only just seen it. I had left over burrito from last night but I forgot to bring grated cheese to work because I’m a bell