Friday Morn Thread

Just lying bed, listening to someone crap ice from their car. Giving me great pleasure.

Wassup Unlucky, ttf. Had an internal interview for a job at my company yesterday. It went pretty well I think. Then the hour after he interview they did some reforecasting and apparently the job may not exist any more, and my current job may be at risk! What fun!

Bought a router so I can finally watch Netflix and drank a big ol’ beer. Nae bad.

2 Likes

GOOOOOOOD MOOOOORNING DIS

:wave:

2 Likes

View out of the window this morning.

Much drama downstairs as the TV and daughter wait to find out if school’s open or not. Thought I might have had to cover the early shift at work for a guy who comes in from Bath but he reckons he’s on his way, so back to bed.

2 Likes

I need to get up.

Low tonight isn’t it.

Let’s have a LowCall:

Maybe ttf
plasticniki
plasticmike

1 Like

Spent half the night lying half-awake with my brain trying to come up with ideas for cover lessons for all my classes today if I couldn’t get in because of the snow.

This morning: there is no snow.

2 Likes

Tired. Went to see novelist last night and his set didn’t start until 22.20.
I think there should be a 10pm curfew for gigs

Bit of snow, but nothing major. Cold though. May walk into town later. Idk.

Just spoke to my deputy head.

SNOW DAY SNOW YAY

25 Likes

Will I be able to drive the TV to the station or will we get stuck on the hill?

WOOOOOO

2 Likes

I know! So excited…

Morning all,

We had alarms set from 6am this morning to go for a pre-work walk round the park, but apparently that special someone in my life doesn’t like going for walks round the park when it’s covered in snow :sob: and although i should have wandered off on my own with the recent Swervedriver album, I didn’t :sob: so instead we’re just awake earlier than needed.

Going to try to bash out my month end as quickly as possible then it’s off to London for The Beths and Death Cab later. Got a postponed Christmas dinner party to go to tomorrow, and a starter to make for it. might do for a quick wander now round the nearer park, just to prove my independence!

obligatory photo of the outside world:

Have fun in the snow if you have the snow.

2 Likes

Talking of snow, my buddy filmed this last week. Joyous.

6 Likes

Think we’re the only place in the country with no snow, fuck off

Regarding de-icing my dad used to just pour some hot water from the kettle on his windscreen and that’d be the job done in a second. Why doesn’t everyone do that?

Good job i said hot water not boiling

Barleysugar calmly dismantles songs about diving ducking

2 Likes

You often then get ice on the inside of the window.

Use coldish water out of the tap, not boiling.

Or just leave the car running for 5 minutes with the blower on. That’s what I do.

1 Like

FTFY

2 Likes

Some terrible news. sNOw day (there is no snow day). Work as usual.
#heartbroken
#gutted
#RIPSnowday

2 Likes

snow today, work until 2.30 in the pm, turkish food tonight. then i’m finished for a week :partying_face: reading my kindle cos there is fuck all to do at work rn.

1 Like