Friday morning 2019-09-20

Was just confirming that ‘Lord of the Flies’ originated as a name for the Devil and then stumbled upon this in Wikipedia on the page for Beelzebub (okay, not the devil? or maybe the same thing? pff)

The Dictionnaire Infernal describes Beelzebub as a being capable of flying, known as the “Lord of the Flyers”, or the “Lord of the Flies”.

Which is a bit, ‘wait, what?’ he’s not lord of the little fucking annoying things that land on carcasses, carry disease and are basically a pain to anyone in the summer, it just means he’s the king of flying about? Fuck this…

Anyway,

Blows on a conch shell to call the DiS residents to the thread.

7 Likes

Alright Theo

24 Likes

Wow, that’s a pretty heavy filled weekend.

We are flying off to Brisbane for a week tomorrow. Putting Niknak in a cattery. I hope she’ll be okay. She was there for a week about the same time last year. It’s very upsetting that it’s the only option poor thing :frowning:

1 Like

Morning all.

Day off. Gonna go on a bike ride.

2 Likes

School holidays is the next two weeks and it’s where the inlaws live so…

Just got a call from the bus company that my daughter’s wallet has turned up. FAO @scout etc. I guess I really did just lose it on the bus. Must have hit the floor and gone to the far end of the bus under the seats or something. Whoop.

17 Likes

Morning Theo, all.

I’m in work stupidly early because we’re getting protested against today and I 10% wanted to be here to support my team and 90% wanted to be here to watch it all kick off.

2 Likes

It’s my Saturday, so obviously I’m awake nice and early. Got a few b&ps i want to sort out avant le train.

• Kick your day off the right way, have a blueberry and apple porridge
  • You’re already having banana bread and a croissant on the train, why have porridge as well.
  • There’s no time to cook a Mackerel frittata oooh and add peas so don’t even think about it

0 voters

Three hours sleep maybe… Might ring in sick. Feel pretty no thanks.

FRIDAY

2 Likes

Feel better, man.

All though

has meant this is now in my head

4 Likes

genuinely thought it was the weekend but ive got to do another day at work? wah

5 Likes

i blame theo. he started the thread.

2 Likes

Holy shit,

I somehow completely missed the fact that Robert Wagner is a person of interest in the death of his wife.

Off to download the Fatal Voyage podcast…

Hello.

I am taking a working from wfh day on account of having been “on it” last night. No ill effects from the Frank’s Hot Sauce cocktail yet, but the day is young.

10 Likes

Still poorly :face_with_thermometer: work in a bit, really don’t wanna.

1 Like

Hey girls, hope you’re all well.

Work is going to be quiet. Been in since 6.20am, and it’s a local bank holiday that I’m taking next week, so that’s good. A few of my team will be in, but we had a bit of a success last night from a mod i designed, so i hope everyone’s in good spirits.

Should really head down to the CR and chat to the team there.

Have a flare up of pericondinitis, which is an inflamation of the skin that sits over my lower left wisdom tooth. Happens once a year or so, and it’s a nightmare. Cranking the ibuprofen/paracetamol today.

1 Like

Is this the Ayrshire(?) September Weekend?

Aye babe, the Gold Cup’s this weekend.

(Have you figured out where I work yet?)

1 Like

Hi team :wave:t2:

WFH today which is good because I’m at about 3 weeks of really shoddy sleep. Going to take the opportunity to get my hair cut, and have to pick up some dry cleaning. What a life.

My annual leave today hasn’t been approved yet, but I’m assuming its fine as I’m just a copywriter and doesn’t really matter when I’m off. Here’s hoping I don’t get fired.

Insane dreams about zombie Ross from Friends, my parents discovering the first Native American and having a threesome with him, and birds that changed colour.

Daniel Kitson tonight, got a spare if any North West disers want to join me?

2 Likes