Friday Morning 2020-09-04

Father’s Day on Sunday down here and my daughter is bursting to tell me but also trying to keep things secret. Quite cute really but also it’s meant my wife has been run ragged having to do ‘secret’ stuff all week when she’s been trying to work.

Work sent me a ‘care package’ in the post for Lockdown:
One four finger Kit-Kat
One $30 (~£15 I guess) voucher for a load of different standard high street outlets (Coles/Target/Myer/Vintage Cellars/Officeworks)
One company branded insulated keepcup.

That’s a cup for taking your coffee around in a care package for people reduced to 1 hour’s exercise a day with no loitering in a wasteland where only essential businesses are open and where, if we ease restrictions, no coffee shop will take our coffee cups anyway due to infection fears.

:smiley:

Still, it’s the weekend so that’s…good? I mean it’s basically just like the working week except you don’t have to pretend to be getting any work done I suppose.

1 Like

Oh and here’s one for you

6 Likes

The absolute state of that date format.

10 Likes

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

15 Likes

One Kit Kat :confused:

Writers have traditionally written abbreviated dates according to their local custom, creating all-numeric equivalents to dates such as, ‘2 September 2020’ (02/09/20) and ‘September 2, 2020’ (09/02/20). This can result in dates that are impossible to understand correctly without knowing the writer’s origin and/or other contextual details, as dates such as “10/11/06” can be interpreted as “10 November 2006” in the DMY format, “October 11, 2006” in MDY, and “2010 November 6” in YMD.

The ISO 8601 format YYYY-MM-DD (2020-09-02) is intended to harmonize these formats and ensure accuracy in all situations. Many countries have adopted it as their sole official date format, though even in these areas writers may adopt abbreviated formats that are no longer recommended.

Clarity, my man. Clarity

3 Likes

Such a weeny :wink:

1 Like

Is that sad face because it’s Nestlé or because you feel it’s a lame single item (I feel both work).

My wife’s company sent a really nice one with a beautiful little cloth bag containing, tea, really nice soap, Freddo Frogs and Caramelo Koalas, some big chalk for kids and some emoji stickers.

1 Like

1 Like

Morning

I’m up, got the day off

Gonna meet a friend for a bike ride this am, hopefully meeting another friend for a pint and tool returning this evening. Unprecedented plans!

3 Likes

Single item

If I were sending you a care package I would fill it with many delicious chocolate bars

1 Like

Is Freddo solid chocolate and Caramelo a character from Sopranos?

1 Like

Morning Theo and Co

Went on a library book reserving spree over breakfast, though it is getting pretty difficult to think of books for R when we’ve already been rinsing authors and illustrators we know, difficult to search without names and just try find an age appropriate book on a particular subject.

I will actually, finally finish the Aeneid today after my plans were derailed yesterday and I’m excited for Turnus getting what’s coming to him

SFPP day also :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve massively hurt my wrist and I dont know why :neutral_face: not like that. Think I may have applied too much pressure on it when I raised my bike saddle too high, fucking hurrrrrrrts.

1 Like

Essentially a Cadbury’s Caramel version of the Freddo Frog. Not sure why they never put them in the UK as well.

2 Likes

It’s my Tuesday, I think. Had a pretty major piece of work in the shop overnight, so trying to sort that out. Kiddo has an orientation afternoon at nursery this afternoon, so looking forward to that.

2 Likes

I can never remember if Freddo has caramel over here or if Taz was the caramel.

1 Like

Funky Monday :slightly_frowning_face:

What sort of books? These are utterly stupid:

Like they are terrible to read and you’ll hate them but they are absolutely what kids love. F is a big fan and so are her cousins. They’re sort of half comic / half text so I’d probably try to see one first to gauge. There are loads of them too…

Oh no :frowning: