Friday night thread*

@bird you can dilute pharmacy-bought peroxide and use that too (far cheaper)

aye, got corsodyl on the go too. might try a coconut oil rinse in a bit. thanks for checking in

Hiya

Evening all,

Quiet night in with leftover tacos and Good Will Hunting. Browsing through Netflix and wanted something comforting. Pleasant.

I’ve got a couple of the rtw ones and they’re basically like a densely pigmented gloss. Not very wearable imo as they don’t really set meaning they wear off and transfer on to everything. You need a strong lip liner with them too as they bleed and feather like mad without. I don’t like them too much, but occ do such unique colours that I can’t help but buy them.

Drinking beer and watching star trek. Might head out in a bit but it’s miserable out.

I tend to opt for Fucking Red Monster.

See if you can translate that to French for the shop guy.

style of wine! goodnight everybody

Friendly reminder to stop using corsodyl once the symptoms stop, know a few people who got badly stained teeth after using it for too long.

I needed to iron my dress for a wedding tomorrow but I really really couldn’t be arsed so now I’m steaming it in the shower. :ok_hand:

Finished first week back at school, pretty shattered, gotta build up my energy levels again.

evening all

feel really weird tonight, combo of tiredness and feeling stressed out and few other things. so I’m watching a recording of today’s Pointless, which I’ve got back into in the last few days. aced yesterday’s final with my stellar knowledge of Bruce Willis films.

I mentioned in the daily thread that I had a mystery parcel to collect tomorrow from the sorting office. for some reason it got delivered today without me requesting a redelivery? anyway, mystery solved: it is the Sonic 25th Anniversary t-shirt I got with a Humble Bundle a while ago, so that’s nice.

Oh, was Jorja Fox a pointless answer in the second round? I had to get into the shower before the end of that bit. Oh yes, and I could not remember Steve Pemberton’s name for the final. Gutted.

1 Like

@Tilly
Where/when you DJing tomoz?

help… I feel terrible.

Aatma (formerly known as Kraak) 11pm-4am. I think I’m going to play some songs around 2.30. Are you thinking of coming?!

how can we help weco?

• says Charlie Brown

omg this drama is wild and there is so, so much of it. actual lists of brands to boycott.
nobody cares but it’s fascinating that brands don’t even apologise for half of it.

• things like shades being named ‘minstrel’ https://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/3rklks/wow_ben_nye_creates_a_color_named_minstrel/
• loads of companies darkening and lightening models’ skin tones for campaigns
• companies repeatedly using non-muslim, white european models in campaigns with hijabs
• companies doing ‘festival collections’ and appropriating “tribal” painting (of african, amazonian and native american origins) and bindis for ‘festival’ campaigns

also i keep clicking on blogs that are stating that beauty industry is ran by zionists. evidence so far includes that the chair of estee lauder is also the chair of the ‘jewish national’ fund which owns 13% of the state of israel’s land.