Friday Night

let’s have fun tonight guys!

fun!

1 Like

Nahhhhhhh cba

1 Like

yeah me either, just wanted to be cool

1 Like

Rivette’s La Belle Noiseuse. I’ve never seen anything Akerman did, probably ought to at some point

1 Like

I’m in a village in Schleswig-Holstein in Germany. I have had a fucking awful week- basically got sent to teach a holiday cooking/art course for kids who turn out to not speak English at all, and I’ve essentially been a childminder speaking German half the time so that they understand what the hell is going on. Then one of my colleagues had to go home for a family emergency, so we didn’t have enough staff. The kids were nice, but the parents rich, rude and snobby, as are a lot of the locals in this village. The hotel is actually a lorry driver’s stop, and I think my room has fleas.

So tomorrow I get to leave, and go to Kassel to check out the Documenta art festival before going to my next assignment. I got a call from the hotel booking agency to say my hotel for tomorrow was flooded, but they would book me into a nicer one and pay the difference. After 24 hours of annoying phone calls/emails, they booked me a new place which looked good. The rooms/restaurant were just generic nice hotel style, but look at this fucking swimming pool!

10 Likes

alright, studying aren’t i?

might watch ingurland, housemate has left me some food from something called gousto. looks like ikea for food for people with too much money.

i’m not drinking, i’ve rarely had a weekend off in 10 years so getting a bit fearful.

Had masala fish and saag aloo for dinner.

Gonna have bananas and custard now. Got the rum and Coke lined up for later.

Will probably forget to watch Ingurlund England their way past Malta.

1 Like

Popped out after work for ‘Just the one’ and currently on the tram pissed as a pirate listening to the soothing guitar drones of Bong. This wasn’t really my plan for the evening but fuck it…

2 Likes

I went for a walk and a nice lunch with my family and a friend of ours and am now drinking red wine and trying to remember my password for the ITV Hub, and I’ve got three hours of work to do before tomorrow. Not cool, Friday. Not cool.

1 Like

Was in two minds whether to go out, but I’m tired and have things to do tomorrow, so it’ll probably be Scrum V and an early night.

Why can’t people just let go eh. I really don’t want to meet up with these hombres tonight.

Too late to edit, but forgot to add, there was a pub in the middle. That’s why I’m replying to you, because I too did not plan for this.

1 Like

I am in tears over Lewis Hamilton’s poem/video tribute to Princess Diana.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYfsSOGn9in/

It’s… incredible.

2 Likes

That’s fucking barmy. He must be a similar age as me and all I remember about her is that I was really annoyed when she died because I wanted to watch Cartoon Network and I couldnt because there were news bulletins on every. single. channel.

2 Likes

dinnertime

10 Likes

Had :pizza: that’s my third one in a week and I wonder why my stomach is getting squishier…

Long day of first aid training by a bit of an idiot ex army guy, then two hours of further classroom sorting.

Got to do some proper planning tomorrow so just :coffee::coffee: tonight…

Scoff all you like but I bet Keats would be shit in a Mercedes F1 car.

2 Likes

Wor Lass made this tonight and it is excellent:

The bread is top notch.

Watching England meander Malta into submission while drinking homemade cider and then a couple of supermarket IPAs.

I killed a fly with a towel earlier and she told me I was too white for a fly guy.

1 Like

Feeling pretty down about a lot of things today. Weekend off so hopefully that’ll rectify a lot of them, but fuck knows if it will or not.

How are you feeling for your NQT year!?

Exciting times!