Friday no šŸŸ lunch thread

Donā€™t tell @rich-t but I used to do this kinda thing in M&S so I could buy it cheaper in the staff shop :upside_down_face: NEVER with pine nuts though.

1 Like

I had pastrami and brisket with mac and cheese, slaw and a some pickled carrots from the street food place. Was very nice, but was too cold to eat out, and it was a bit cold by the time I got it back to the ol desk

got a banana left over from yesterday that i couldnā€™t be arsed to eat. cba today either but have to eat it donā€™t i. ffs.

I used to do this with cakes, but now thereā€™s not a staff shop, thereā€™s no point. Bet you used to steal the pine nuts mind.

1 Like

That burger thread made me want a burger. Had Cheese/Toast/Pickle again instead though :frowning:

Put it in a smoothie?

Got a miso soup on the go.

1 Like

donā€™t really fancy transporting a banana home on the bus tbh

Put it in your banana guard, itā€™ll be fine.

big fan of any foodstuff which is basically just salt

2 Likes

Yeah the bus banana bullies might get it

Haha. Always so tempting to just take shots of soy sauce. Oofft.

2 Likes

went and bought a bloody brexit banana guard didnā€™t i! havenā€™t seen a single straight banana yet. got mugged.

You couldnā€™t make it up.

Canā€™t believe theyā€™ve got rid of the staff shop, one of the very few benefits of working there as a student. Took a lot of ā€˜brokenā€™ lobster claws* home with me.

*steak pizzas

I remember buying some obscenely large bananas once. The guy behind the counter even made a face and I went beetroot :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Actually went healthy with the classic raw veg plate (red pepper, cucumber, celery and carrots) with cream cheese because thatā€™s what I had in the fridge.

Successfully defeated my desire for chips with cba to go outside (itā€™s hard to find decent chips anywhere near my office).

have a really irrational* fear of finding a giant bastard spider in supermarket bananas

*or IS IT?!

Thinking of you having a mini freak out at the spider on your leg the other day gave me such joy. I take comfort in knowing someone is as irrational as I am :smiley:

2 Likes

Found some caterpillars in my tenderstem broccoli recently. Thatā€™s basically the same thing.